Stock auto 4 door gtp vs 2002 auto stang gt??

machone

NA power
Established Member
More then likely the stang. Although the new gtp does have 260 hp. With mods they can be very fast, and those cars are mod hapopy.

oaklandr8ersfan

Established Member
My friend has a 97 GTP Coupe and he Beat a 98 GT at the track twice. Both cars were autos.. Those GTP get out of the whole pretty quick and the GT could not close the gap before the 1/4. If its newer GTP those are supposed to be even quicker. I would not mind seeing this race. My heart says Stang but you can never count those GTP's out even with very little mods they can surprise the hell out of you.

Sapperstang

Established Member
Originally posted by oaklandr8ersfan
My friend has a 97 GTP Coupe and he Beat a 98 GT at the track twice. Both cars were autos.. Those GTP get out of the whole pretty quick and the GT could not close the gap before the 1/4. If its newer GTP those are supposed to be even quicker. I would not mind seeing this race. My heart says Stang but you can never count those GTP's out even with very little mods they can surprise the hell out of you.

Well if the "newer" GT in the start of this thread is a 99 + then thats a big difference from a 98 GT.

orangeconv

#uck yea doggy
Established Member
I had a new gtp pull up beside me a few weeks ago. He wanted to race, I was unaware untill I heard his tires squealing, I put him in his place at the end of first after i figured he was racing me. what a dork .

04HillzGT

Established Member
98 GT's from what I hear aren't very fast and if it was an auto it was probably a real dog, personally I haven't had a problem with any GTP's I've come across. However on a side note I've also taken an auto GT by a good car length back when I only had a catback, sorry to say the automatic slows them down significantly. My loyalty says the GT but only one way to find out....run em.

Koolaid_Guy

The gtp is like late 90's or early 00's model. the stang i think might of been a 99 or 00. Buddy not sure, i think a 2003 2004 would beat a gtp but early 2000 99 or something might get beat. a 5 speed gt now that be better :D

Camaroguy22

Slow LT1 Driver
Established Member
Originally posted by 04HillzGT
they are basically the same it's the automatic that really kills it

Thank you. Thats what i thought. What is up with fords aod transmissions? Are they really that bad? Beause they certaintly have a bad rep.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I've driven one 99' GTP and plenty of mustang GT's. From my experience, the GT's should win pretty easily. GTP's are heavier and lack the mustang torque.

Users who are viewing this thread