Stock Alarm Question, I need Help.

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
Hey guys. I have a few questions about the stock alarm in the Lightning. Well I thought it could only go off if I had the doors locked, and some one opened the door... I don't think it can go off by sound, or vibration. I have had my Lightning for about 2 years now, and the alarm had never gone off at my house. The only time it has gone off is by me pressing the button on mistake. But last night I got a scare. I was in my house, then my alarm started going off, the horn was honking like crazy! I went out side and people were looking at there cars, They must of thought there car alarm was going off... Im just trying to find out if some one was trying to mess with my lightning. Or if a ricer drove by and made the alarm go off by the low pitch sound, or vibration. My L sits out in front of my house, covered up, and under a light. So what can make the alarm go off?:shrug: Thanks a lot guys!

Jimmy

Last edited:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Our alarms do not have a shock sensor of any kind. They should only sound when the door it opened without the key being turned in the door lock cylinder to unlock the door or without the unlock pulse from your remote or keypad input.

It could be a bad door ajar switch. If it happens again shut off the alarm and run out and see if the dome light is on.

If the switch fails it will basically send a signal to the Central Security Module that a door has been opened even though it's closed.

jlightning347

Jimmy Lightning
Established Member
Eric, is there a way I can take it to ford to see if they can test it? I had a problem before, when I could not get the doors to lock with the remote. But then a few minutes later I was able to lock it...:shrug:

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
Ford could look at the CSM and test it, they also could pull up the PID data and look at each of the door ajar switches. The problem is that unless the door ajar switch is failing at that very moment it will not show as being bad. I've had customers come in and pulled up the datalogger to show them the PIDS and it's showing an open door but by the time I can get up to the service lane to grab them and bring them back it will read closed. Most often on a 2 door truck the drivers side wears out faster than the passengers side. Family cars any of the door can wear out from those damn kids.

Like already mentioned, we technically do not have an alarm so to speak. The CSM just monitors the door ajar circuits kind like a voltage sensing setting on an aftermarket alarm. If the CSM sees a door being ajar without the unlock pulse being present it will sound the horn as a theft deterrent.

If ether of the switches is bad the CSM can see this input with the door being closed which is why it can be confusing.

Users who are viewing this thread