Stock air box vs CAI video

Unrealford

Established Member
Well I installed my Steeda CAI / 93 tune and I have baseline #s from 1 month ago.
Tomorrow if weather is good I am returning to the same shop to see what results I get.
Im going to test it with hood shut so people dont use that as a reason for any HP gains.
If its zero to 25 I really dont care, it looks awesome and Ive spent more money on other mods JUST FOR LOOKS.
I honestly can feel a difference. But tomorrow I'll see if my Butt Dyno is accurate.
Some people say , AT THE TRACK, I didnt notice any gains.
Well at 25 hp gain its going to be hard to see at a track. Theres so many factors that change. Weather, track conditions, etc.

techwerkz

Established Member
The auto car is mine, and that second race is no comparison. I spun (bald all seasons ftw!). End thread.

If you want all the entire story. We ran 4 times that night, the first 3 races it made no difference. The last race he got a half car. Our previous runs before the intake were all door to door, on a different night.

Mine - Auto, 3.15s, Magnaflow ORX, Bassani ABs, 245/45/19 Pirelli All Seasons, Holmes Racing Tune, 3,640 rpm in 2nd, +50lbs driver weight (damn small Cubans)
His - Manual, 3.31s, BBR ORX, Roush ABs, 275/35/19 Nitto NT05, AED Tune, 4,100 rpm in 2nd

So as it's been said a ton of times, on a stock motor 5.0 it makes no difference.

Bmr4life

Established Member
The auto car is mine, and that second race is no comparison. I spun (bald all seasons ftw!). End thread.

If you want all the entire story. We ran 4 times that night, the first 3 races it made no difference. The last race he got a half car. Our previous runs before the intake were all door to door, on a different night.

Mine - Auto, 3.15s, Magnaflow ORX, Bassani ABs, 245/45/19 Pirelli All Seasons, Holmes Racing Tune, 3,640 rpm in 2nd, +50lbs driver weight (damn small Cubans)
His - Manual, 3.31s, BBR ORX, Roush ABs, 275/35/19 Nitto NT05, AED Tune, 4,100 rpm in 2nd

So as it's been said a ton of times, on a stock motor 5.0 it makes no difference.

Thank you for providing details.

I'd like an explanation on this one. :nonono:

+1

Mikegee1028

Established Member
I'd like an explanation on this one. :nonono:

Is the first video door to door with the intake on? I'd like a yes or no on that, also did u also spin that night when there was another run at another location where the result was similar to the second video to the intake being on but unfortunately there was no video of that race..

Bmr4life

Established Member
Alright, well I have a CAI and was tuned before and after and it didn't do squat. Bought it because it was a good deal (JLT CF for $200) and I like washable filters.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Also one of the fist 3 races he mentioned (the second clip) that "made no difference" are on that video as you can see is definably a different result than the video without an intake which has that nasty 4th gear pull on his auto.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Alright, well I have a CAI and was tuned before and after and it didn't do squat. Bought it because it was a good deal (JLT CF for $200) and I like washable filters.

My argument is IT GIVES MINIMAL GAINS but that's the world of N/A modding for you. But to say it makes no gains at all is quite oblivious. As far as the JLT cai I was recommended to not use it over most of the other brands.

Bmr4life

Established Member
My argument is IT GIVES MINIMAL GAINS but that's the world of N/A modding for you. But to say it makes no gains at all is quite oblivious. As far as the JLT cai I was recommended to not use it over most of the other brands.

Minimal gains are not what your video claims. Minimal gains would be you barely ahead of your car (like a ghost car in Forza) versus how the previous races went. Not leaping out to an extra half car length. I'm leaning towards what techwerkz posted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread