??? - Stock A6, pump gas, Blower with supporting fuel mods, and drag radials. 10s?

Bmr4life

Established Member
I'm looking to get back into the muscle car world after trading my 11 for a Camry. Game plan is to buy a stock or close to stock A6 for as cheap as possible and add only a blower with fuel mods OR buy an already supercharged car.

My question is does FI automatically get an otherwise stock A6 into the 10's? Tune would be remotely done by one of the known players and drag radials would be used.

10.999 counts as far as I'm concerned and DA is usually no worse than 2000' on a bad day.

vortecd

Established Member
I finally did it today with a 10.83@131 and a 10.90@130. Stock A6, 3.15's, Roush 79mm pulley, Roush cold air, cat deletes, x-pipe, stock mufflers, Nitto 555r's and 93 octane only. Race weight was 4030

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
You will want a low mileage 11 that isn't thrashed if you're putting a blower on it. Looking at probably $22-$24k on up.

I bought my 2011 base GT this spring with the same gameplan. I paid $23,000 & it had 7200 miles. Now that the 2015's are out, you might find a good one for around $20K

CSG

Established Member
Look up stretchb on here before he went with twins. Paxton, converter, BAP, offroad x-pipe, mufflers & radials went 9.7. So you have plenty of room to work.

vortecd

Established Member
Look up stretchb on here before he went with twins. Paxton, converter, BAP, offroad x-pipe, mufflers & radials went 9.7. So you have plenty of room to work.

on pump gas?

92fiveohfox

Established Member
going to do alot of suspention work. dont want to go any more than 8psi on stock motor and its a daily all so

8psi may not get you there. Especially without some really good weather. It HAS been done but isn't the norm. 10psi(82mm) on a tvs will get you there for sure.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
going to do alot of suspention work. dont want to go any more than 8psi on stock motor and its a daily all so

Don't waste your money on suspension for an A6 car. All you need is a set of Mickeys and the correct width rim. I pull the left front and go 1.54 on 100% stock suspension. I've been playing with an upper, upper mount, lowers, & relocation brackets. My 60' is the same, it just make a lot more road noise. I'm going to be taking most of it back off.

10psi is fine for a daily & 93 pump gas... I could daily drive mine, but I choose to keep the miles off of it. I drive it to the track & back. If I go to Summit Motorsports park, it's 190 mile round trip.

Users who are viewing this thread