stock '93 cobra wheel question

drkhrse

Established Member
I wanted to find out what the stock backspacing is on the stock 17x7.5 inch wheels, anyone know?

thanks
Jason:coolman:

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
You just had to go and ask a question I don't know the answer to didn't you?? :)

Sorry... but if you find out, come back and post it cuz I'll write it down. :read:
Maybe try the Corral?

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Oh, I see you DO have a '93 Cobra... well you can figure out backspacing yourself... I'm just trying to think of how that was done... it involved flipping the wheel on it's face, taking a straight edge and laying it across (this is where can't remember) either the outter or inner lip of the wheel, and taking a tape measure and getting a measurement from the surface that gets bolted to the rotors to the edge of that straight edge.... and I can't remember then if that's the number to use or what?? I know I'm close...

drkhrse

Established Member
that is how I get the backspacing for my '69 mustang, but the newer wheels are goofy numbers. the cobra R's i have for it are a -36 backspacing. I think that means they are -36mm from the center but when i measured then (how you described) and converted to english the numbers don't add up, maybe it is cm, I'll try that now. I thought someone might know the (-) offset value ford used on the original's.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Out of curosity why do you want to know? If it is so you can buy another set wheels I think you will be out of luck. I am 99.9% positive nobody makes a aftermarket wheel to fit the 93 cobra.

drkhrse

Established Member
actually i'm looking into getting a set custom made or modifying a set of 17x9 Cobra R's i currently have. I want to run 275 tires on the back. so i need a custom set of wheels to get them to clear.

drkhrse

Established Member
here is my cobra with the cobra R's on it. I'm tired of them rubbing so the stock wheels are back on it now.

rmmr_004.jpg

I only wish i owned the boss!!

Users who are viewing this thread