Stock 2014 Auto 5.0 1/4 Mile Runs

5.0jake

Established Member
Nothing new or exciting for you guys but thought I'd share my experience with my stock 2014 automatic 5.0 1/4 mile runs I made last night at Capital Raceway MD.
I only ran it twice and couldn't hook up for sh#t!. I ran a best of 12.8 @ 113 with a 2.2 60ft and 1/8 was a 8.4@ 89.3. The first run was a 13.6 @ 113 and a 2.7 60ft:rolleyes:
The last time I was at capital I ran my 12' Brembo 6M with the Bama 93R tune, Lethal X and Airaid CAI with a best of a 12.9 @ 113 and same crappy 2.2 60 ft. Done on a different night of course so not exact comparison but I must say that I am quite impressed with the auto! One thing that was a little strange was after I went through the traps it felt like I hit the limiter in 3rd.

5.0jake

Established Member
just curious what was your weight and what was the d.a

Haven't weighed it but had a half tank and both of my kids car seats in the back:) I weight 180.
Not sure of DA but was 55 with low humidity. Capital Raceway MD is 135 above sea level (I think).

Want to tune next, trying to decide between Rev Auto and Mid Atlantic. Was considering JPC but they told me that they are too busy:(

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Haven't weighed it but had a half tank and both of my kids car seats in the back:) I weight 180.
Not sure of DA but was 55 with low humidity. Capital Raceway MD is 135 above sea level (I think).

Want to tune next, trying to decide between Rev Auto and Mid Atlantic. Was considering JPC but they told me that they are too busy:(

Can't go wrong with either adam at rev auto or mike at mid atlantic!

5.0jake

Established Member
Today != Yesterday

regardless those are good times for a stock A6 car

Lol thanks man.

Can't go wrong with either adam at rev auto or mike at mid atlantic!

I'm leaning towards Rev Auto since they are so close to me but Mid Atlantic sounds like the way to go from an auto calibration standpoint.

I really wanted to go with JPC because Kevin is a great tuner and I have an Intune from my last GT.
I'll have to buy an SCT of course if I go with anyone else.

5.0jake

Established Member
Call me crazy but I must have one of the fastest stock 6A's (12.83@ 113.5) out there relative to my 2.2 60ft time?
A quick check of our fastest times list shows stock autos at around 13.0 @109-110 with a 2.2 60ft.

Last edited:

20redfire03

Established Member
Good times, I was able to get a 12.991 @ 111. I'm debating getting some rims for drag radials but I recently had a friend run .082 faster than me in his G8 and I kinda want to go faster than that. So for my next trip I'll probably go with a half tank or less vs a full tank and maybe remove a little bit of air from my tires to see if it helps. I know with drag radials I'd beat his time.

5.0jake

Established Member
my a6 went [email protected] w/2.08 60ft. D.a. Was 129ft at Atco. Half tank of gas and spare in car.

Your time was a tick quicker than mine but had my 60 ft been a 2.08 like yours I would've been quicker for sure:)
Of course we ran at different tracks. Not sure what the DA was and I had a half tank and spare in car as well, with factory tire pressure.

Badlilstang

Established Member

Mike Rousch at Mid Atlantic Performance did mine over email.. it worked out great. Car drives exactly how I want it to drive. The Tune on the auto is night and day. I can't believe these things run 12s stock.. they just don't feel that fast to me stock. I guess it's kinda missleading being an auto. Manuals are so much more voilent going through the gears they just FEEL faster. Guy local to me went 12.20s with a tune and ORX on stock 19's... These cars impress the hell out of me.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
Mike Rousch at Mid Atlantic Performance did mine over email.. it worked out great. Car drives exactly how I want it to drive. The Tune on the auto is night and day. I can't believe these things run 12s stock.. they just don't feel that fast to me stock. I guess it's kinda missleading being an auto. Manuals are so much more voilent going through the gears they just FEEL faster. Guy local to me went 12.20s with a tune and ORX on stock 19's... These cars impress the hell out of me.

these cars are impressive. my 11 just went 12.5 on street tires with o/r x gt500 and bama 93r tune. I was slipping 1st 2nd and chirped 3rd with a d.a of 1569.

btw o.p according to drag times calculator your d.a was in the range from 630pm to 1030 pm was -275 to -919

Last edited:

bmoney50

Established Member
nice run op with that 60ft. My 2012 went 13.04@110(2.05 60ft) stock on factory 19's..da was 1500. Its a fully loaded premium with shaker sub in the trunk. AED tune and hpipe car went [email protected] with a 1.995 60ft. The circle d converter finally got the car moving out of the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread