Stock 2012 Boss 302 406whp

iTrack

Established Member
Bone stock Boss 302, side disks removed, 6700 miles, 93 e10 gas.

Looks like the stock knock sensor is really messing with the curve pulling timing.

Sorry, my rotate pic button in webshots is not working.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
Why does the HP and torque lines look like rollercoasters? That can't be optimal for performance. How would you correct that issue?

Dyno issue...

What correction factor did they use? I'd be interested what it would put down on a Mustang dyno as most stock Bosses put down 360-370 RWHP that we have seen so far.

:beer:

Loosescrews

Established Member
Why does the HP and torque lines look like rollercoasters? That can't be optimal for performance. How would you correct that issue?

Dyno issue...

What correction factor did they use? I'd be interested what it would put down on a Mustang dyno as most stock Bosses put down 360-370 RWHP that we have seen so far.

Thank you. The number seemed high to me as well.

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Nice Numbers!

Was the clutch slipping at the high RPM this creates a ton of bouncing in the graph? What gear 5th?

With 6700 miles on the car, I would not be surprised at all by this number with a 1 correction factor.... My car managed 396 with the clutch slipping all stock, less miles.

NICE!

Mike

iTrack

Established Member
Dyno issue...

So a regular GT puts down 340-350 on your dyno, seems low.

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Nice Numbers!

Was the clutch slipping at the high RPM this creates a ton of bouncing in the graph? What gear 5th?

With 6700 miles on the car, I would not be surprised at all by this number with a 1 correction factor.... My car managed 396 with the clutch slipping all stock, less miles.

NICE!

Mike

Why was your clutch slipping on a new car? :shrug:

BOOSTD5.4

Established Member
Why was your clutch slipping on a new car? :shrug:

I have one of the great MT-82 issue cars.... No 5th gear, and the clutch slips in 5th.... Some day it will be rebuilt. The dealer has stated the parts may be on back-order with some having a 2 month lead time. No way my car will sit outside at the dealer for 2 months.

Mike

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Here is my dyno from last weekend. Bone stock with 4000 miles. Two other Bosses dynoed the same afternoon with 396 and 414. :coolman:
BossLSDyno.jpg

adam81

Established Member
Here is my dyno from last weekend. Bone stock with 4000 miles. Two other Bosses dynoed the same afternoon with 396 and 414. :coolman:

My car is the one that did 414. Both Dean and I had three pulls done. For both of us each pull produced better results as the car kept leaning itself out a little at a time. Nothing dangerous.... My last run ended with a AFR of about 12.5.

A run or two more and I would have easily surpassed Dean..... His car must have been dyno'd closer to his last run session than mine....

Users who are viewing this thread