Stock '03 Lightning

lxfiveo

Established Member
Considering this was the first time I had ever run this truck and the first time I've been to the track in two years, I'd say it looks like I may have got myself a pretty strong factory truck!

lightningtracktimes.jpg

lxfiveo

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeSkinner
13.3 1/4 mile with a 2.5 60ft? Impossible.

You got love when I actually post pics of the timeslip and people still don't believe you.:rollseyes

SnakeSkinner

Established Member
Originally posted by lxfiveo
You got love when I actually post pics of the timeslip and people still don't believe you.:rollseyes

Track devices are not infallible, they do err. The laws of physics and common sense are more powerful. And it is impossible to pull a 13.3 with a 2.5 60ft on a stock Lightning. I'm not trying to flame just pointing out the obvious.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Last time I was at the track one of my time slips was definitely screwy. It said I ran a 13.9 when the guy in the cobra that beat me by 4 cars or so ran a 14.1. I guessed I ran about a 14.5 that run.

They do mess up occasionally, I think the little trolls are to blame. If I see one out there again messing with da lights, I gonna swerve and try to nail that little bastard!

:beer:

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
I love Lightnings but I have to agree with snakeskinner. 2.5 60 and a 13.3 @ 103 is not Probable. The MPH would have to be faster than that to assuming that you finally got traction after the 60. You would have to have a shitload of HP to pull you to a 13.3.

Assuming that you had a half way decent stock tired 60 foot time. say a 2.1 you would be in the mid 12'd stock. If that is the case GODDAMN you got a freak. Isay run it again and it it comes up again feel conident in thae fact that you probably have the fastest/quickest stock L ever produced.

my$0.02

A

BTW FN'SH!T every time I see one of your posts I get confused and thinks it s me! I thought OI was gettin alzheimers!!

Last edited:

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Hey I put that avatar up cause no one else on this site had it :bash: . At least that was what I thought. :cryying:

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
he ran the truck twice, so how could it be screwey both times?

plus at the track if your test n tuning you can run a faster time than the other person, but still get your ass kicked. the reason being you get a couple feet from where to staged till the lights actually time you, so that means the cobra jumped right off the line, while you crossed the plane a little later due to wheel spin, and had the momentum to run a faster time. its like you got a little head start.

i hope that makes sense...:S its kindof hard to explain

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
well if you look at the time slip on the right in the 1/8 he ran a 8.6 on the left he ran a 9.0 that is 4 tenths different and the one on the left is still the faster ET on the 1/4.. I don't doubt that you ran a 13.3 but the time slip on the left looks f'd up to me... How is it that the other slip is 4 tenths faster in the 1/8 and slower in the 1/4 with better 60's... It just doesn't add up to me... Unless you were spraying at the end of your fun or something but I doubt that you would do that..

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
But the MPHs are consistent in both the 1/8th and 1/4 mile. And throw in the fact he's in Massachusetts running at 7 and 8pm on a cooling-down spring evening.... I'd believe it. Lightnings really like cooler air, just like most SC'd or turbo'd cars do.

The 2.48 60-ft time is nuts, though.

IMHO.

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
The time slip on the left is waaay off, look how much faster the time slip is on the right is... I mean .4 is every catagory the dodge lane is faster. If you look at the 1000' its 11.1 aposed to 11.6, but they both came out to the same 1/4? Thats not possible, at that point of the track. Keep the right side slip, cause something is up with the other slip. Did you get anymore runs in the HEMI lane? I would use that slip to brag, but it's not accurate:beer:

Last edited:

Vett-Klr

Established Member
Nevermind the ET or MPH. What about that reaction time???
1.25 and 1.1...did you fall asleep?
Keep practicing, if that slip is right and you get your 60 times down that truck will break into the 12's...Which does seem a little to quick for a stock L??? Good Luck either way.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Originally posted by Vett-Klr
Nevermind the ET or MPH. What about that reaction time???
1.25 and 1.1...did you fall asleep?
Keep practicing, if that slip is right and you get your 60 times down that truck will break into the 12's...Which does seem a little to quick for a stock L??? Good Luck either way.

first of all( not to be a dick) but reaction times dont matter unless your are bracket racing . for fun runs, your time doesnt start till you leave the line. so reaction time has nothing to do with his 1/4 mile time.

lxfiveo,
that time slip on the right should have been the 12's your time was about 1/2 sec. better all the way down the track till the end trap. U must have let off early before you trapped.

but damn nice times. good job

J

Last edited:

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
Originally posted by Fn'sh!t^
Last time I was at the track one of my time slips was definitely screwy. It said I ran a 13.9 when the guy in the cobra that beat me by 4 cars or so ran a 14.1. I guessed I ran about a 14.5 that run.

They do mess up occasionally, I think the little trolls are to blame. If I see one out there again messing with da lights, I gonna swerve and try to nail that little bastard!

:beer:
might not be wrong.look at the slip again.
if your just doing fun runs, your reaction times do not count.
your time starts when you leave the line.
reaction times only count when you are bracket racing or heads up racing.
kinda hard to explain but once you get it youll get it.
J

fastball19

South Florida King !
Established Member
Yeah man nice run:thumbsup:. Don't listin to what people say you know what you ran and thats what counts! My Uncle has a 2001
Lightning he ran a 13.4 With his Bone Stock Truck so i know its Possible, I saw it my self at the track when i went with him to run my 2000 GT. Its funny he got mad cause i had a better time i had to convince him he had a good run but when he saw some trucks run 13.6 and 13.7 he knew he ran good. Plus he knows how to shift He is an Expert and shifting with AODE. People Think thats AODE are slow because alot of people just leave it in Drive and hit the Gas, but if you know how to shift by hearing your RPM's you can get alot out of your truck! So good run man! :beer:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
So we have 2 times slips

1 has 60ft of 2.484 the other has 2.087

both passes went 13.3 @103

both passes have the same 8th mile MPH

whats intersting is taht one of the passes has 1000 @
11.617 and then 13.319 Vs 11.199 and then 13.382

I would say the time slip for your right lane pass is wrong....all but the 1/4 time ET and MPH

the left lane pass is what your run really looks like

not sure what happend to the lights on the right lane pass but that is really srewed up

think about it your truck is going 82 mph in the 1/8th both times

then both times it ran 103

at that speed your1000ft mark 11.199 vs the 11.6 is about 4 truck lenghts

nice passes for the truck and thanks for showing us how some times slips are not always right

98gt281

Established Member
That slip is beyond immposible, that would mean with a good 60 you would run in the 12's, ans stock Lighting does not EVER do that, some Lightings have trouble running 13.9, stock L run 13.7-14.2@99-100m and that is with 1.9-2.1 60ft's.

Users who are viewing this thread