Stock 03' cobra clutch

Maverick-4

Established Member
I'm on a 2.3 Whipple @ 550 whp and stock clutch still holding but who knows for how long! lol My Cobra is my weekend toy so I dont drive it to often but still want to upgrade sometime later this year before the stock goes out...

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
I'm on a 2.3 Whipple @ 550 whp and stock clutch still holding but who knows for how long! lol My Cobra is my weekend toy so I dont drive it to often but still want to upgrade sometime later this year before the stock goes out...

Good to know... I'm still on my stock clutch too, and was wondering when I will be needing one. If its holding for you with 550rwhp then I should be ok for now!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

hotcobra03

Established Member
good question...

i can answer for how long does a stock clutch last in a stock cobra??

316k and still holding

cobracide

Established Member
Last edited:

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I've heard of MANY whippled cobras still running on their stock clutch and having zero issues. I will probably be with a stock clutch for the entire time I own the car....only planning on a ported cobra.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I've only been pullied for 3500 miles and make 455/479. I just did all the tranny upgrades. Promotion clutch, 26 input shaft, tob sleeve, ect. Shop told me my stock clutch was shot! Now I think alot of it has to do with how you drive and use the clutch. I hope it was the previous owners and not me. My car currently has roughly 23,500 miles and 3,500 of those are from me.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Over 15k miles with ported blower, making around 490 rwhp and stock clutch seems to be holding fine (knock on wood).

Users who are viewing this thread