stock 03/04 cobra 1/4 mile times

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleRedZ

Established Member
yeasure said:
I also find it funny how GM owners will bash the 4.6 without even knowing what they've done.
I don't remember seeing any mid 6(6.6@210) 1/4 passes from any lt1/ls1.
Not only this but mod motors have also ran 9's n/a.
So the next time you want to talk sh*t about others cars, please do alittle research about wtf your talking about to begin with.
The more i read crap like this the more i honestly believe GM = General Moron.
never bashed on 4.6, great motors...if you dont mind though, kinda intrested 6.60s with a 4.6 block straight out of the mustang it came in and then they just put a forged buttom end? Does this car have fiberglass front end? Tubed chassis? How much do they weight? I"m just cerious thats all. I have seen a video of a mustang got 7.17@198 but it was no stock body car and dont know about the motor. Like Gen 1 SB chevy is diffrent story they make BOwtie blocks that are bulletproof, GenII(lt1) no such thing. I know mustangs at least older 5ltr have that type of thing avl. too

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Sure not a problem, try SHM....thank you come again :thumbsup:

TerminatorS281

TWIN SCREWED!!!
Established Member
didnt mean to start any shit with LT-1s, good cars and so are 4.6's.
now about the car me and my brother share, its a long story that started out with a family drag car that was a 69 camaro that ran 8s, the guy who built it offered us money so me and my bro took it and modded the WS6, we both put in hard work and money, so its both ares, we take it to the track on the weekends and sometimes we will "share" it for street racing.
there was a question about who i live with, lol well i live off and on with my parents, who my brother still lives with and most the time with my GF... when we arnt fighting.

ok enough of me, back on to what this thread was about.

Constable

Established Member
Back on topic: I need some times from BONE STOCK Cobra's running on drag radials... What kinda numbers am i looking at??? If anyone has precise numbers (to the decimal) it'd be good. This is to rectify a debate over on the Marauder Forums about "Eaton blown stock Marauder vs. factory stock cobra". I, obviously, know the Cobra will rule, but they think otherwise.

COBRA32

Established Member
This is for Spraydm6lt1z28 if you have so much hate for Ford vehicles why in the h*ll are you over here reading about them. My guess is that slow a$$ Lt1 of yours got beat by a Stock Cobra. Why else would you be reading about Stock Cobra times. :burn:

04CobraVert

8.2@170mph
Established Member
Constable said:
Back on topic: I need some times from BONE STOCK Cobra's running on drag radials... What kinda numbers am i looking at??? If anyone has precise numbers (to the decimal) it'd be good. This is to rectify a debate over on the Marauder Forums about "Eaton blown stock Marauder vs. factory stock cobra". I, obviously, know the Cobra will rule, but they think otherwise.

12.13@116mph i did have a k&n filter on not the whole kit just filter

Drag Radial=nitto 555R 315/35/17s

04CobraVert

8.2@170mph
Established Member
why would they thing a fat ass marauder would beat a cobra same motor only there car is 1500lbs heavier

what kind of argument are they making?

this wouldnt even be a good race.

plus they drive a marauder who gives a shit how fast it is (congrats you drive a grand marquis with exhaust tips and tinted windows even if it is quick its a old persons car )

could you please link us to the forum and topic :poke:

Last edited:

Constable

Established Member
Here's the link: http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16706

Before you go over there, they are wondering how the Eaton-blown Marauder will fare against a stock Cobra. The Marauder runs an M112 with about 9.5 psi of boost. A stock M with JUST the s/c has run about 12.90's on street tires. With drag radials they've seen mid 12's. It's really pretty good for a 4400 pound car. The Cobra is obviously the faster car and will win. But it'll depend on the drivers abilities.

plus they drive a marauder who gives a shit how fast it is (congrats you drive a grand marquis with exhaust tips and tinted windows even if it is quick its a old persons car )

C'mon, man... have a lil respect. I'm a Marauder owner! N/A 13.20's is very respectable for a 4400 lb beast.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
In keeping with the thread title...

Stone stock, not even adjusting the pressure in the tires...

Best was a 13.29 @ 109. I don't beat on the car or powershift...with a good low RPM rollout on the launch and a powershift these cars are 12 second cars easily (48 state) but there's a very real risk of breaking parts.

04CobraVert

8.2@170mph
Established Member
Wow i just read all those post over there im not going to chime in thou i know what that starts

i dont like it when people do it over here on this board so im not going to do it over there on theres

but jesus christ i cant belive thats even a topic over there that they are arguing about

WTF??? :shrug:

Constable

Established Member
I know, I know. I've been a member there since the beginning. The problem is that most of the owners are middle-aged men who aren't computer savvy and have never been involved in a forum before. They argue about the stupidest shizz.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I activated account, as the 12.62 @ 111.16 is my car. I don't care if they believe me, if I was gonna lie wouldn't I dream up more mph. The best mph I've run is now 117.4 and that was with my 2.8" upper, air fitler, and custom Predator tune. Still running stock Goodyear F1's and completely stock exhaust at full weight.

I like Marauders also, would get one for the wife if she'd let me, but they have a significant weight penalty. It's like comparing my much more modded L to my Cobra. No comparison.

BLTONFirehawk

Established Member
Im an F bod guy, that loves 03 cobras. Thinkin of buying one. I used to have a 98 SS H/C midlengths, 410 rwhp, and it was fast at the track, I went 11.67@118 on nittos!!! Granted this is Houston where the track is fast. That car was a blast..then the LS6 intake did wonders

right now i have a Zo6 and LT1 Firehawk.....it still looks and runs great, but its gettin near 03 cobra with a KB time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread