Stk Fuel Hat & Fuel Line Upgrade

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
Well, I finally got around to upgrading fuel system for the 150 shot of nitrous, and seeing how I have more time then money LOL I decided to try to modify stk hat the way I thought would have the least amount of restriction, I also did a few more mods along the way while I was at it, plus this was only around $400 bucks. My wife said I needed to use my head,not my money,seeings how she pulled the purse strings on mods this year LOL

As you see , I removed tank and before this goes back in all those evap will be deleted, the only lines left will be one hose in place of plug in going to drivers and only one line to filler neck.
P1010001-4.jpg

As you see here I disassembled hat , removed inner outlet for feed line out and drill rd two holes in hat for 6an bulkheads to exit, now by doing this I've deleted PPRV and dedicated a bigger line to each focus pump. Also you can see in this pic the custom bent steal line 5/16 that almost looks like an S LOL to position rear pump line up front for bulkhead.
P1010009-3.jpg

As you can see in pic above I didn't have much room to play with for bulkheads and the same on outside to seal them,also I just had to cap off original outlet so would have smell or slosh out.
P1010007-2.jpg

Here are the 6an bulkheads I used from summit with bottom threads removed and tapered for rubber hoses to fit snuggly,the washers you see are from Earl's (steal with embedded rubber washers) for a good seal.
P1010008-3.jpg

I also had to modify pump brackets to be able to turn pumps into position for good hose exit.
P1010009-3.jpg

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
Pic of modifyed hat reassembled with its new goodies
P1010010-2.jpg

Outside view of hat with 6an bulkheads exiting
P1010011-2.jpg

Here's what the two 6an lines feed ,a 3way-6an Y mega fuel block to a 8an supply coupled to 10 micron summit high flow serviceable filter, as you can see it fit nicely in original filter location.
P1010001-3.jpg

Here's the 8an heading to rails
P1010002-4.jpg

And what I like the most is the way you can pull hat out now at any time without dropping tank, now I'll tell you it was a hard decision on cutting that 9"Dia hole in trunk, but I'm glad I did. Now if you didn't want the lines exiting out trunk as I did them, you can have them exit normally in front of hat between trunk and tank. As the rest of the mods on fuel and misc stuff (two focus pumps, 40 amp Bap with wiring upgrade to all areas including pumps,evap delete and pprv delete. I would of loved the fore hats, but for now you make do with what you have till you can do better.
P1010004-3.jpg

AJ

Last edited:

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
Also I forgot to mention when you delete evap system, you need to have a tuner turn off code switches p0443,p0453 and p1451. If your running SCT software it will be in misc section, set all to value 0.

AJ

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
just did something similar to this, cept i just ran a single -8 from the tank to some CPR rails. I split the line to the rails in the front, had to modify the passenger side rail due to the plenum hitting it. I just used a weld in bung on the stock outlet.... however i do like how yours is set up MUCH better! Also did dual fpdms this week, AND ran the lines for a wet 75 shot- put GT pumps in about a month ago. OP what psi/blower/timing you running for that 150? Im runnin ~17psi, and 105 octane

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
I just install nitrous last fall and only tried it with 19 psi @ 15degrees of timing along with my nitrous A/F lean out switch to be safe while logging for fuel needs. So now that I've added some room in the fuel I'll be ready to hit the dyno to do a street 75 shot tune and 150 shot track tune, oh yal I run VP Motorsport 103 oxygenated.Also I forgot to mention, so far I have had zero issues on hard starts or idle issues since deleteing pprv like others have had, I must have done something wrong LOL.

AJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread