stingers with bbk x-pipe question

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
Howdy, I used to own a 03 cobra with stock exhaust manifolds with a UPR O/R X and stingers... sounded AWESOME, a little loud and it did drone on the highway, but it was worth it!!!

Now I have a 99 cobra and it has BBK longtube headers and it has the BBK O/R x and had flowmasters but I removed the flowmasters and put on some stingers and figured it would sound great like my last setup or even better with the headers....BUT it doesn't, not as loud... I assume it's the clam-shell design of the bbx x-pipe??? (i thought i remember reading many years ago that this wasn't as efficient as a true x pipe)

anyone else switch from a bbk x-pipe (with headers/stingers) to a "true" x-pipe???? and did it sound better/louder?

Thanks in advance..

I figured that putting it in this section (since it gets more traffic) I would get more answers than in the new edge cobras.

Last edited:

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
What are you guys using for x-pipes with longtube headers??? I don't see much for a "true" x-pipe style. I see MAC has one but does anyone know if it will work on BBK longtubes??

Users who are viewing this thread