Stingers @ 80-90mph

Brucealeg

Established Member
Anyone have a MP3 of what the cabin noise is like with Stinger Catbacks @ 80-90mph?? In 6th gear to boot. Trying to determine if traveling in 6th with Stingers is annoying or not.

Thanks,
Bruce

Last edited:

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
In my car they kind of make the whole dash vibrate at that speed. It can be kind of annoying but its worth it they sound great the rest of the time.

PDubs

Established Member
The drone isn't as bad as two chamber flows, but it's there.

2k3mk1

Established Member
I have Stingers with stock H pipe on my 04 MACH1 and at 80-90 in 5th (sorry only got 5 spds) the cabin is very liveable. No drone problems and definetly no dash vibrations. I am curious how they are going to be once I install my SLP catted X pipe that is in the garage on the floor along with my new K&N aircharger and Tri ax shifter waiting for me to have time to put them in. Hopefully Next weekend if all goes to plan.:burnout:

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
I've been trying to find a video host, i have a video of Flows vs Borla Stingers on a dyno wide open.
Borlas are 100% louder but i'm not sure i like the borlas anymore vs the flows.
If anyone can host the video(i have a 9meg and a 55meg one) you can get an idea what both sound like at 130+mph

ModsAway

Established Member
My stinger does not drone at all at highway speeds but it is still very loud, only when accelerating though. If you are truly coasting at ANY speed the catback is VERY quiet, the only trouble is the second you apply slight pressure to accelerate (slowly quickly doesn't matter) it becomes very loud again.

Hard to have a conversation? Well between the top down, the stingers rumbling, and the music blaring you are not talking to anyone anyway.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Stinger drones at around 70 mph for me....anything less than that and its practically silent!

PDubs

Established Member
Bruce - I wouldn't worry about highway conversation levels. Again, it's there, but you can cruise out of the "drone zone" when needed. But just like others have said, there are levels where it gets loud, but then drops off. Like in the 2100-2300 range.

Brucealeg

Established Member
I wish more 03 owners lived near me. I'd like to have a clue of what it's going to sound like before I commit.

The wife hated the Borla Cat Back in my GT.

Bruce

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member
I recorded this awhile back. The mic is outside of the cabin and placed right below the lic. plate. It was recorded at 60mph. Oregon speed limits are low.

Borla Stinger Stock H Cruising at 60mph - Right Click Save As

It's quiet at 70 as well. Although I don't normally cruise at that speed. 80mph, I don't know.

Remember this mp3 was recorded outside the car. No problem holding a comfortable conversation while cruising. If the radio is on low you can't hear the exhaust.

Users who are viewing this thread