stinger or magnaflow and off-road x

2000fta

all else equal, which would you prefer:
-the borla stinger alone or
-the magnaflow catback with an off road x-pipe?

I assume the magnaflow/x-pipe combo would yield the most HP/TQ. I also assume it would be the loudest?

...how much of a PITA is the x-pipe to install (have access to a lift)?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Either combo is going to be earsplitting with the o/r x:rockon:

My pic would be Stinger, go for teh gusto bud

Orange Poison

Established Member
I used to have the Magnaflow CB with the Magnaflow X w/cats, and it's about the same level of loudness as my Stinger and stock H now.

The Magnaflow combo was way higher pitched which in turn gave me this fricken headache every time I drove my car around with the windows down. I hated it.

Now the Stinger is good and loud too, but much much deeper with the stock H. I love the sound. Not high pitched at all, no more headaches.

MikeW

Established Member
I had the Stingers with the Stock H and they sounded awsome! THis past weekend a Steeda(Magnaflow) catted xpipe went on and it now sounds even better. I still have the Muscle car sound, but the exhaust note sounds tighter, hard to explain. I think the x took a little of the loud factor out of the Stingers until WOT then it sounds like all hell has broken loose:rockon:

Good Luck

I cant imagine how the Stingers would sound with an off rd x :burnout:

2000fta

Thanks guys. Ordered the stinger from 21st century exhaust this morning. Cant wait to hear it.... I've decided to wait on the off road x... instead I've ordered some Nitto drag radials for the rear!

Users who are viewing this thread