Stinger Help?

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
I noticed today that my stingers are too close to my gas tank shield and its starting to leave a bubble line. I still have about an inch and half clearance between the exhaust pipe and the shield. I thought it would be ok when I installed them. Someone here had the same problem and fixed it with some heat shields. Does anyone have that part number? I found these on thermotecs website, and just wondering if these would work?

http://www.thermotec.com/products/full/11600/11600_part/11600_part.html

Thanks for the help.

SVT03Snake

Ya I had the Magnaflow on my Silver coupe 10th and it melted the gas tank shield..... That looks like a good idea (heat wrap)

Neoclasiccl

Established Member
Originally posted by SouthTXSnake
I noticed today that my stingers are too close to my gas tank shield and its starting to leave a bubble line. I still have about an inch and half clearance between the exhaust pipe and the shield. I thought it would be ok when I installed them. Someone here had the same problem and fixed it with some heat shields. Does anyone have that part number? I found these on thermotecs website, and just wondering if these would work?

http://www.thermotec.com/products/full/11600/11600_part/11600_part.html

Thanks for the help.

I had to adjust mine since they were so close to the tank. Took alot of elbow grease but its been fine since :shrug:

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
When I installed mine I pushed the tips as far in as they would go and it looked like I had plenty of clearance. I saw everything up on a lift this weekend when I had my subframe connectors installed and I didn't notice any bubbling...but now I will go out and double-check!

ModsAway

Established Member
No bubbling here either... just lucky I guess. The pipes touch each other though, doesn't appear to have caused any ill effects.

davidmax

Established Member
We carry a insulation foil over high heat insulation.There used on Vettes for thermal and noise insulation from the tranny.
You could buy a shield and cut it to fit,Good Luck,Dave Smilovic

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
Just ordered the thermo-tec clamp on heat shields (1-footers). Hopefully this will do the trick. I'm still going to get the car up on rhinos this weekend and try to push them back a little further. I'm sure with a little more clearance they will be fine. The heat shields are just for piece of mind. Thanks for all the info everyone.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I hopped on the creeper and checked mine at lunch. There is plenty of room between the gas tank shield and the exhaust piping. No bubbling or other signs of excessive heat. Just unclamp everything and try pushing the tips in as far as they will go and I bet you'll be fine :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread