Still the same rough idle after replacing these..

Bullyent

Established Member
My idle has been dropping from 300-500 and up to 1200-1400 at a steady up and down up and down pattern. Changed the IAC because there bottom hole out of the two didn’t show the spring or anything so that’s replaced. MAF was I believe broken because when I unplugged it, the car went back to normal idle no signs of rough idle or anything. So I changed it, still rough idle however when I unplug it, car dies so that’s working. TPS was ok but I replaced it anyways still the same rough idle. NO CODES.

At the on position, I can hear the pumps prime, car drives normally 3+ gears with slight hesitation. 1-2 that’s where it takes a dive when I’m accelerating then back up. At idle I can hear the intake making like a scuba diving sound when you breathe and release air.

Possible vac leak I missed? If anyone has a diagram of all the lines so I can double check please.
Possible injectors or other fuel related? It drives almost perfect at 3-6 gear.

I did replace the MAF from SCT BA2400 to BA2600 (3 tuners so far has told me it is calibrated the same so my tune for the 2400 will be ok with the 2600 if the 2400 wasn’t wacky during tune. Which it wasn’t) i have a video of idle once everything mentioned above was done. Idk how to put it on here though

nxhappy

Established Member
bad MAF. swap the MAF back to what you had before ...

nxhappy

Established Member
The maf I had before was bad. The way everyone was describing a bad maf fit my maf (2400) before.
with your previous MAF ...was it running the same way ? It seems like your current tune is WAY off for what you have.

Bullyent

Established Member
with your previous MAF ...was it running the same way ? It seems like your current tune is WAY off for what you have.
It was acting the same way yes. I was told to check MAF and when I did what people have said to diagnose a bad maf it checked out. I cleaned it, same thing. So I tried to order the same exact one but it is discontinued from granatelli. Put a post on the tune forum here and they said 2400 and 2600 are the same. Contacted Lund tuning and they said it’s the same. Contacted the shop that built the car, same answer. I put the NEW MAF (2600) same issue but when I did the same test, it showed no symptoms of a bad maf (car died when unplugged)

nxhappy

Established Member
IMO the tune is off. Take it to a reputable local tuner. They will dial it in.

Bullyent

Established Member
IMO the tune is off. Take it to a reputable local tuner. They will dial it in.
Yeah I’ll have to do that. Ran out of options. How could the tune get lost or forgotten or however it is best described? It ran perfectly fine. Sat for a couple days and bam...

Bullyent

Established Member
@nxhappy i also have a sct x2 super old I know. But it has the tune “kms 91 octane tune” (kurgan motorsports) figured I programmed it again. Did all the steps fine. Read the ecu etc.

Users who are viewing this thread