Still problems with Mac Catback?

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
Are people still having fitment issues with the Mac catback? Cause Im still deciding on exhaust and so far its either a custom set-up, stingers, loudmouth, and the mac...

I think the mac sounds really good, but I have read too many problems about the fitment.

Stingers are a bit pricey I think, The loudmouth and the custom set-up are in the lead, but I still cant decide.

Thanks, Trevor

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
TTT .... I am also looking for the gains people have seen from this catback ..

Crowley

metaman

Established Member
Mine did not even come close to fitting. I got the 2.5 inch system. I talked to MAC about it, and after alot of hemming and hawing on thier part about how I must be putting the easyiest to install system on incorrectly they told me to send it back to them and they would put it on thier jig to check it.

Other members on this site informed me that they had sent thiers back and got a duplicate system that did not fit back from them. After hearing this I have decided to keep it and have it moddified to fit. I have not done it yet but I will soon.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
Hey , just my two cents , I read every exhaust post here , watched every video , and rang my head to about 2 months on what to get . So after all that , last week I ordered my SLP loudmouth CB. By comparison , they are louder than stingers , helluva lot cheaper , and everybody says that they were an incredibly great fit. Good luck

04torchred

Established Member
I just got my stingers a couple days ago and the fitment is good. Took all of 30min to put on. They have a nice and deep tone. Have a very smooth deep growl going up in the rpm(when you mat it they sound great, mean is a good word). They do burble coming down so if you don't like that then stay away from them, but they do sound friggin awesome when cruising or accelerating. Not as loud as everyone makes them out to be. I thought they would be insanely loud from what everyone said, but they have a nice low tone at idle(not loud) and get progressevly louder through 2000rpm-3500rpm and kind of level off in sound at 4000rpm-6500rpm.(what I mean is they don't really get any louder in this range) Sweet spot where they growl is 2000rpm-3500rpm.

I am really happy with them and if you want a deep exhaust and are afraid of the MAC like I was when I heard about the fitment get the Stingers. You can carry on a conversation in the car at normal voice level. Not bad at all. You can tell you got an exhaust and that is a good thing!

mrcobra71

Established Member
I just installed my mac catback yesterday.

You need two people to get them on correctly.

It is easy to put a part on the wrong way. When we got everything in its

proper place, not fitting issues at all.

I have an offroad x this thing is LOUD! It sounds mean as hell tho. :rolling:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
this has been hashed out over and over again, its a matter of taste as far as the amount of noise. but i can tell you one thing for sure, the magnaflows fit right, are made of quality materials, do not rust and are reasonably priced. i have had several of their systems and have been 100% sastisfied. the 2 1/2 year old system on my wifes gt still shines like new and sounds great(cat back + weld in x-pipe) the cobra system is just the cat back, has been on 11 months and looks and sounds great. good luck with whatever you choose

Users who are viewing this thread