Still need some help on this oil pan / windage tray thing

Nervouswreck

Established Member
I had my 03 Romeo engine completely overhauled a couple years back and i couldn’t be happier with it but i had him put an MMR oil pan on and it’s a great pan but i scrape everywhere with it, so while pulling the K member to do my Longtubes i decided to go back to stock oil pan . I found a brand new one that should be here tomorrow. Now, when my builder built the engine he put on a GT500 windage tray in combo with the MMR pan, my question is can i use the GT500 windage tray with the stock pan? Bikkbgt explained some things to me in my last post but didn’t exactly answer the question.

I understand I’ll have to raise the pickup tube now going to a shallower pan , but like i asked is it gonna be ok to reuse the GT500 windage tray going back to a stock pan?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think your best bet is going to be to measure the distance from the pan rail to the bottom of the windage tray on the block and mark that on the pan. Then measure some water and pour it into the pan and see how close to the mark you are.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread