Still haven't seen another on the road!

nhs156

Established Member
Have owned mine about a month. Have seen about 2-3 pre-13s on the road in the Houston area, but no other 13 or 14 yet. Am typing this message on vacation with the family - from the Dana Point and Laguna Beach, CA area and have only seen one 12 here. Am really surprised at the rareness of our cars!

Edit: I have seen a Veyron, Aventador and a couple of SLRs in the same time period.

Last edited:

Kapy

Established Member
Have owned mine about a month. Have seen about 2-3 pre-13s on the road in the Houston area, but no other 13 or 14 yet. Am typing this message on vacation with the family - from the Dana Point and Laguna Beach, CA area and have only seen one 12 here. Am really surprised at the rareness of our cars!

Edit: I have seen a Veyron, Aventador and a couple of SLRs in the same time period.

You just answered your own question. People buying those type of cars do not even have the GT500 in their sights.

Does not meet their image, although the car is just as performing in most cases. Veyron top speed forget it. Aventador, well questionable but would probably spank the GT500 on the road course.

Sorry, but that is reality. Especially in Southern California.

Last edited:

smrtasp

Established Member
I live in south orange county in So Cal and have seen 1 2013 in the last year and that was just before I got mine in Feb. I work right on the boarder of Irvine and Newport beach and cars like those the OP talked about plus Ferrari's and Lambo's are at least a weekly sighting. There are quite a few in my neighborhood actually and I love pulling up next to them at a stop or in a shopping center nearby. The real car enthusiasts always give compliments. My favorites though are the Porsche guys who think their non turbos are the fastest thing on the road. They are the only ones I ever see driving around like morons.

Kapy

Established Member
I live in south orange county in So Cal and have seen 1 2013 in the last year and that was just before I got mine in Feb. I work right on the boarder of Irvine and Newport beach and cars like those the OP talked about plus Ferrari's and Lambo's are at least a weekly sighting. There are quite a few in my neighborhood actually and I love pulling up next to them at a stop or in a shopping center nearby. The real car enthusiasts always give compliments. My favorites though are the Porsche guys who think their non turbos are the fastest thing on the road. They are the only ones I ever see driving around like morons.

Could not have been said any better. I used to live in Redondo Beach, CA and back then which was in 2001 my GT to most of the folks that lived there might as well been a Ford Fiesta the way they perceived it.

You are absolutely right, the real car enthusiasts appreciate it. But the majority of individuals with way too much money than they know what to do with, are not buying the GT500.

All in all that is fine with me, because that is what makes a great group of buyers and owners that we are. We are not fake, but real.

I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon and very proud of it, where most of the folks mentioned owning the cars you had mentioned would scoff at it all day long.

OaktownACE

Established Member
I have a car on order

Could not have been said any better. I used to live in Redondo Beach, CA and back then which was in 2001 my GT to most of the folks that lived there might as well been a Ford Fiesta the way they perceived it.

You are absolutely right, the real car enthusiasts appreciate it. But the majority of individuals with way too much money than they know what to do with, are not buying the GT500.

All in all that is fine with me, because that is what makes a great group of buyers and owners that we are. We are not fake, but real.

I drink Pabst Blue Ribbon and very proud of it, where most of the folks mentioned owning the cars you had mentioned would scoff at it all day long.

And I'd scoff at drinking Pabst at any temp below near freezing. Might as well be Natty Light or Hamm's. My liver just shuddered.

nhs156

Established Member
You just answered your own question. People buying those type of cars do not even have the GT500 in their sights.

Does not meet their image, although the car is just as performing in most cases. Veyron top speed forget it. Aventador, well questionable but would probably spank the GT500 on the road course.

Sorry, but that is reality. Especially in Southern California.

Unfortunately you missed the point of my post. The point was simply that the GT500 is a rare sight - ironically a rarer sight than each of the other cars despite their substantially lower production numbers.

Also, and not that it's relevant but I'll add it anyway: each of the aforementioned cars was spotted in Houston and The Woodlands in TX; have not been impressed with the cars around Laguna Beach - relatively speaking.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
You guys are lucky! I have seen 4 13s and at least a dozen 07-12s in my area, 2 in my exact color combo and 4 at my work. The GT500 is less of a sighting than a Z06 though, I see a few every Sunday.

72SBC

Established Member
You guys are lucky! I have seen 4 13s and at least a dozen 07-12s in my area, 2 in my exact color combo and 4 at my work. The GT500 is less of a sighting than a Z06 though, I see a few every Sunday.

The only Gt500's I see is a white '12, and convertible black 11-12. Both live in my area. Haven't seen any 13-14's.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Attending the Snakes at the Lake this weekend, I am sure there will be several. A good friend has a '13.

Kapy

Established Member
Unfortunately you missed the point of my post. The point was simply that the GT500 is a rare sight - ironically a rarer sight than each of the other cars despite their substantially lower production numbers.

Also, and not that it's relevant but I'll add it anyway: each of the aforementioned cars was spotted in Houston and The Woodlands in TX; have not been impressed with the cars around Laguna Beach - relatively speaking.

Didn't miss the whole point of your post. I actually have two very good friends that live in Laguna and trust me, a GT 500 is not on those peoples list pal.

As for my buddies and I, most certainly the GT500 is on our list. Have you spent much time in Cali? You are in a posh area my friend.

You clearly missed my point. Had nothing to do with being against you.

Last edited:

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
The only Gt500's I see is a white '12, and convertible black 11-12. Both live in my area. Haven't seen any 13-14's.

2013s-Black conv in mountain view, black w/red coupe, sterling conv and sterling w/black coupe in Palo Alto. If you drive on El Camino enough you will see them all. I have a 2011 race red w/white svtpp with super snakes if you ever see that combo then its probably me.

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
I've seen only one other '13/'14 here - It was a white with blue stripe '13 next to which I parked at a local Cars & Coffee style get together. I have yet to see any others on the road, despite at least a few being sold by dealers in the area.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
in our little town there are 3 i know of. a white, a blue, and my red one. i dont think any of them get driven very much.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen 6 or 7. None just randomly driving while I was in mine though.
All at car get together or shows/cruise-ins.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen 6 or 7. None just randomly driving while I was in mine though.
All at car get together or shows/cruise-ins.

rancid

Established Member
I finally saw another one in my area the other day, it was race red with white stripes. I was on the fence with race red and got Grabber blue over it and must say the red/white combo is nice.

Willie2

Established Member

what color combo do you have? I'll look for you.

Users who are viewing this thread