Still have wheel hop....what to buy next?

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I currently have the BMR non adjustable lower control arms and a DDS 1-piece CV driveshaft. Even with the Hoosier QTP 28x11.50x15 I'm getting slight wheel hop on the street. I plan on getting CJ springs, strange adj. shocks and struts. Will that take care of it or should I also get the adjustable BMR upper control arm with bracket and the BMR lower control arm relocation kit?

Fun4me

Established Member
Sounds like you answered your own question, but I'm no expert. Getting rid of wheelhop and correcting pinion angle is not a cheap fix, unfortunately.

konabluekiller

Established Member
Are you lowered??? If so relocation brackets, and adjustable upper to set correct pinion angle should help. When I lowered on k springs and didn't have supporting mods my axle was angled back a good bit enough that my bump stops were angled back and contacted the angled part of the bump stop touch point instead of straight up and down... Relocation brackets fixed it halfway straight, adjustable upper will fix it completely.

konabluekiller

Established Member
The upper control arm is what get's rid of wheel hop.

My car has a stock UCA and only lcas and brackets.... Plus K springs. No wheel hop at all with sticky tires or street tires. Getting a UCA anyways to change my pinion angle slightly.

But technically it wheel hopped like a SOB stock and after adding only the LCAs on stock everything else it made all the wheel hop go away. Here's a pic of my billet BBR LCAs and BMR brackets...

IMG_20121216_135246.jpg

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
A lot of pinion angle talk on here lately...I never once worried about this with the F-Bodies I have owned in the past...All lowered...No problems with any of them....Is there a science to correcting the pinion angle on these cars, or are you guys just eying it up somehow?

I'm going with Eibach Pros, BMR adjustable Panhard bar, Upper and Lower CA's. The Pro's don't slam the car, so I wasn't expecting to have to do LCA brackets...Are they needed with a 1.0" Front; 1.5" Rear drop the Pro's will give?...Of course I don't want wheel hop, but more importantly, I want my pinion and axle set up right.

Last edited:

konabluekiller

Established Member
My k springs were supposedly 1.5 drop in the rear but I'm practically sitting on the bump stops, with a full tank and my 670# speaker box(roughly) it sits about 1/4 inch or less from them... But my pinion angle was far off. My bump stops were angled back touching the angled part of the bumpstop land instead of straight up and down. After brackets its almost straight, UCA will adjust it more... Haven't actually measured pinion yet but I can tell you that it will be angled back slightly.

Fun4me

Established Member
Anyone use the Whiteline UCA to dial in pinion angle after the car has been lowered? I'm wondering how much adjustability it has w/ the unconventional crush-sleeve adjustment mechanism? Able to get the pinion to -2?

Ratchet

Established Member
I'll ask again...How is everyone adjusting pinion angle?
Measure the angle if the driveshaft at the transmission, then match it at the pinion at the rear end. Protractor would probably help. :beer: Using an adjustable Upper control arm with let you get it pretty close. I have a Whiteline one coming and I to am curious how easy it is going to be to set it up with a crush sleeve design.

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Measure the angle if the driveshaft at the transmission, then match it at the pinion at the rear end. Protractor would probably help. :beer: Using an adjustable Upper control arm with let you get it pretty close. I have a Whiteline one coming and I to am curious how easy it is going to be to set it up with a crush sleeve design.

Thanks man. I too am curious about the Whiteline...Keep us posted :beer:

CharlieR

Established Member
My k springs were supposedly 1.5 drop in the rear but I'm practically sitting on the bump stops, with a full tank and my 670# speaker box(roughly) it sits about 1/4 inch or less from them... But my pinion angle was far off. My bump stops were angled back touching the angled part of the bumpstop land instead of straight up and down. After brackets its almost straight, UCA will adjust it more... Haven't actually measured pinion yet but I can tell you that it will be angled back slightly.
Crap! You build that speaker box outta lead or concrete? My full set-up added 180+ #'s total. You have a thread of Install/set-up?

Users who are viewing this thread