Still have stock suspension ... am I asking for trouble?

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
Mods are in my signature. I am adding drag radials this weeks. My suspension is completely stock. I have had no issue to date that makes me concerned or worried about the suspension. The car tracks straight when the stock goodyears spin and the ride is good.
Am I in any danger of breaking anything in the suspension once I add the drag radials? I would like to leave it stock as it is comfortable and quiet, but I also dont want to break a control arm or something while I am out on a road trip.

Reaper6193

Established Member
No let it just grab and go I own a 09 and our suspension to say the least sucks ass and the wheel hop is unbelievable, so I had to upgrade mine unfortunately to keep it straight haha

fullboogie

Established Member
Only thing I'd be a little worried about is the 2 piece driveshaft with the DR's. You need more than that, but to answer your question, the driveshaft.

whiplash920

Established Member
adjustable uca shld take care of wheel hop. other than that u otta be good.

i am putting on a dss cf ds this weekend. i see you like yours, any probs with the install and is there any noise or vibration?

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I brought the shaft to a shop with a lift and had them do it. I have done every other mod myself, but this one seemed like it would have required a lift to get the old shaft out and the new one in.
The measurement they ask you to take came out right in the middle of the range and the shaft doesnt vibrate at all or make any noise. I just forget that it is under there. I believe it is quieter than the stock shaft.

Kenneth

Established Member
I thought it was a good idea when you swap drive shafts to also at a minimum swap to an adjustable UCA.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I'm on stock suspension and stock driveshaft at almost 59,000 miles, 50,000 of that with power numbers in signature. Just recently mounted ET Streets on the stock rear wheels and hit the track, didn't have any problems.

Silver_Serpent

Established Member
I'm on stock suspension and stock driveshaft at almost 59,000 miles, 50,000 of that with power numbers in signature. Just recently mounted ET Streets on the stock rear wheels and hit the track, didn't have any problems.
Wow ... good information. Takes some concern away for sure.

About the adjustable UCA ... I thought that became neccessary if you changed the ride height, but I am really not sure. I have about 3K miles on the dss cf driveshaft right now with no issues.

red gt500

Established Member
my car puts down 980 rwhp with almost stock suspension(shocks and springs) just add bmr adjustable uca and steeda lca
and it hooks very well both on street and track

Users who are viewing this thread