Still have a squeak

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
Hey guys I posted up a while back about a squeaking noise coming from my drivers side wheel well from my cobra and since the last post I have had the brakes and the rotors swapped out for new ones and the squeak still persists. I do have some new info though, The squeak goes away while cornering and while braking. Could it just be something rubbing or what?

jdblown03

Established Member
Depending on the miles on them or if you hit a good pot hole you could have blown out your strut. I have a similar noise on the drivers side when I go over speed bumps when compressing.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
These noises are pretty hard to find. I took mine to a pretty god mustang shop and they couldn't even figure it out. Mine is the same way only it'll sometime make the noise when i'm turning.

hi ofcr cobra

Track Junkie
Established Member
I would say dust shield, or sticking caliper piston... I had a dust shield barely touching my rotor and it is a very irritating squeaking sound. Not sure what brake pads you're using, but more aggressive pads make alot more noise and a sticky caliper piston would prevent the pad from fully retracting when you release the brakes. <--- constant squeaking except under turning and braking.

May also check your wheel bearings, they usually grind when going out vs. squeaking, but it's worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread