Stifflers spider kit 03 cobra

03dsgTerm

2003 Cobra Coupe #3028
Established Member
Hey guys just thought if share so someone doesn't have the same issue I'm having. I want to start this off with saying this is not a bashing towards stifflers. They make great quality parts and Brian is a super nice guy. There a too many possibilities of aftermarket combos for our cars and to make something fit all of them is almost impossible. My 03 is a teksid build with a 2.8 Lc mammoth. Kooks lt and 3 in off road x pipe. I think the stifflers spider kit would have fit no problem with my setup I retained the stock oil pan. I'm running a 7qt Morosso pan and the drain plug rests on a mounting tab on the front lower brace. Yes the bracket can be relocated and it would work. Again this is just a friendly heads up to those who intend on running this set up, you will need to relocate a tab or two. I've contacted Brian and he's probably gonna make some changes. Again this is not a bashing on stifflers. They have been nothing short of awesome to deal with.

Jefe

Established Member
Looks interesting

Spider Brace 99-04 Mustang

SpiderBraceBWEdit2.jpg

reldla1996

Established Member
I had to bend the front passenger side spider brace a little to clear a magnaflow catted X pipe with factory exhaust manifolds, but I'd do it again in a heart beat. The Stiffler's FIT system and spider brace kit is a really great kit, and made an awesome difference. Highly recommended.

03dsgTerm

2003 Cobra Coupe #3028
Established Member
Oh yeah or sure. I'm working with Brian via email and pics to make this work. I cut the forward facing tabs off the lower brace since the left front tab interfered with the drain plug on the oil pan. Brian said he's going to reposition the front facing tabs.

Last edited:

03dsgTerm

2003 Cobra Coupe #3028
Established Member
Will do. I already have the jack rails, webbing and sub frame connectors in and man is that a world of difference.

03dsgTerm

2003 Cobra Coupe #3028
Established Member
I'd offer them to the new owner when it sells. It's a great system.

Users who are viewing this thread