Stiegmier porting question

svt2003cobra

Banned
I am thinking about getting my supercharger ported, My question is when you send it to them what do you get back? It says $495, is that for the porting and the tune? Is the tune separate?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The tune is separate. They are an SCT dealer but I don't know if they would send you a custom tune without running your car on their dyno or not. Give them a call. The SCT flasher is about $400 which hold the tune and can flash your car. A chip is a little cheaper but a pain to install and automatically voids your warranty.

Mike

svt2003cobra said:
I am thinking about getting my supercharger ported, My question is when you send it to them what do you get back? It says $495, is that for the porting and the tune? Is the tune separate?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
One more thing, it's senseless to do the port without a pulley and tune. I have my blower ported with stock pulley and tune, and it's very lean. I planned on storing the car anyway afterwards because I have a upper/lower pulley combo and tune going on. Just porting the blower and doing a tune will gain you some horsepower, but adding the pulley is where 90% of the power is going to come from. Porting the blower actually DECREASES boost, but makes it more efficient so you can spin more air through it....

svt2003cobra said:

Users who are viewing this thread