Stiegemeier Stage 5+ Port, 2.76 upper, stock lower +52hp +26tq

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
We were finally able to chase down an exhaust leak that was screwing with my a/f and got the car on the dyno. Run #5 was last year with the mods listed below, run #4 was yesterday. Big thanks to Jared from Lethal performance for helping me out with parts over night when I was short on time, Stiegemeier for the quick turn around on the blower and Pete at performance dyno for the tune/dyno time.

Pull #5:
Stock blower with 2.76 upper, stock lower
JLT CAI in the fender
Bassani X-pipe
Borla catback

Pull #4: Same as above except
Stiegemeier Stage 5 port with ported/welded Plenum & TB, same upper/stock lower as before
JLT CAI in the engine bay
SCT2600 maf
60lb injectors & KB Boost-a-pump

PullyBaselinePortedbaselineDynoSAE.jpg

I'm pretty happy, +52hp and +26tq with basically nothing more than the Stg 5 port running the same pully set up. I did away with the JLT intake that ran into the fender because when I took it apart to replace the MAF I found the previous owner had used the wrong screws and there were gaps around the maf/filter flange. I just threw it out and had Lethal send me the one that stays in the engine bay, I'll be watching the IAT's to see how hi they go and maybe in the future going back to the fender kit if I'm not happy The sct2600, 60lb injectors & Boost-a-pump were added to keep things safe and to leave room for future modification. Next will be a 2.93 upper/6lb lower combo and some cooling mods. but those may not happen until winter. The car went 11.41 @125 last fall full weight on the old set up, I hope to get it back to the track soon for test runs on the new setup.

For the dyno queens... here's you STD number.
PortedbaselinedynoSTD.jpg

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
very nice numbers for a upper only car! Especially since you are still on stock exhaust manifolds!

are you using the stiegemeier ported/welded plenum and throttle body?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
wow..thats all it was??? how did you end up finding it? i cant believe that...

great numbers!!! I see some low 11s coming....but now the question is....to cage or not to cage....lol

Nautilusvt

Converted
Established Member
wow..thats all it was??? how did you end up finding it? i cant believe that...

great numbers!!! I see some low 11s coming....but now the question is....to cage or not to cage....lol

We had tested literally everything else on the car. When I called you we were running out of ideas. On sunday morning we were logging the short term fuel trims and trying to find what exactly was producing the random drops. The biggest problem was it was completely random and it seemed like it would happen & then go away. It was such a small leak it wasn't enough to hear it, it wouldn't leak when cold but it was just enough. Lou was the one who found it, with his head right next to the exhaust, I was tapping the gas to 2500rpm spikes and it would just pop a little. It's hard to hear anything because the car is so loud but once the leak was fixed, the fuel trims leveled out perfectly.

Oh well... atleast now I have new intake gaskets, new plugs, new valve cover gasket, I know my coils are strong, the injectors are good, every electrical connection is good & I know my compression is good. :-D

I've got to get the IRS brace on before I make it back to the track, it may not see the track until the air gets better at this point.

Last edited:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Very nice Nautilusvt! Looking forward to seeing your track times........Hitting an 11.41 at 125 with a full weight, 2.76 unported setup is excellent.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
That the same place i sprung a leak the last time i ran at the track, i had to pack it up and go home. Good numbers btw.

Users who are viewing this thread