Stiegemeier Snake Bite Eaton Black

SonicMIA

Established Member
Just bought this Snake Bite Eaton from Satyr about 2 months ago from this site. Unfortunately the tide has turned for me and I have no choice but to sell the Supercharger, I need the money. I paid: $1,450.00 shipped. While in my possession, I did not install the blower at all, it has been sitting in the box in which it came. The work on it is really good, the pictures do not do it justice. Below are pictures and a description of what has been done to it according to its previous owner.

"The blower has 0 miles on it since it was upgraded from a stage 5+ to the new snakebite (it has, at most, 10k miles on it in previous setups). It includes a 3.25" pulley, which is good for between 18-19# of boost. The front snout was rebuilt at the time of the upgrade and it was coated with a hi-temp satin black finish from the shop.
Prices:
Snakebite with 3.25" pulley: $1450 shipped " - Satyr

For those that would like the number on the Eaton to verify with Stiegemeier what has been done to it, PM me and I will supply it.

Prefer PAYPAL. As soon as payment is recieved it will be shipped and a tracking bumber will be supplied to the buyer.

Price: $1,200 shipped !!

0118101737b_354272.jpg

0118101737a_335196.jpg

0118101736a_379116.jpg

0118101735a_377686.jpg

Last edited:

SonicMIA

Established Member
Any ideas what kinda of numbers you can expect with this blower? Thanks

I was expecting 525-550rwhp through an Automatic 4R70W transmission with a 2.93 upper and a 4lbs lower. My eventual goal was to try and change to a 6lbs lower and be around 550-575rwhp. Of course, through a 6 speed the dyno numbers would be larger, Over 600rwhp. The amount of horsepower varies with setup but from threads that I have read here, there have been cars that gained 70-100rwhp from the blower swap. Hope that helps, if anyone else would like to add info, please feel free to do so.

JoeLee

***Degenerate***
Established Member
SonicMia
I'm gonna check with my mechanic and see if this will work for me, Then I will begin the Bidding war...

Satyr

Established Member
Bump to an honest guy.
I have half a mind to buy it back...nothing sounds better than that blower in videos.

SonicMIA

Established Member
Bump to an honest guy.
I have half a mind to buy it back...nothing sounds better than that blower in videos.

Thanks for the bump! You are right, nothing sounds better than a ported eaton, my stage IV never gets old. Wish I could of heard this one.

Last edited:

SonicMIA

Established Member
Dumb question but with the snakebite whats different over the stage 5?

Here are some links I uncovered from the Snake Bite from this site, if that doesn't help, you can call Stiegemeier and ask them directly. They are very nice helpful people as I have called them before.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/stiegemeier-porting-331/655427-snake-bite-explained.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/stiegemeier-porting-331/617118-stiegemeier-snake-bite.html

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
I was expecting 525-550rwhp through an Automatic 4R70W transmission with a 2.93 upper and a 4lbs lower. My eventual goal was to try and change to a 6lbs lower and be around 550-575rwhp. Of course, through a 6 speed the dyno numbers would be larger, Over 600rwhp. The amount of horsepower varies with setup but from threads that I have read here, there have been cars that gained 70-100rwhp from the blower swap. Hope that helps, if anyone else would like to add info, please feel free to do so.

haha with this set up you would have been spinning the blower at like 40,000 RPM and if it stayed together making like 300whp

SonicMIA

Established Member
haha with this set up you would have been spinning the blower at like 40,000 RPM and if it stayed together making like 300whp

Ok...well then what setup would have achieved that type of power then? You seem to know. So please provide information, so that possible buyers can be informed. :thumbsup:

corysmach1

Established Member
Yes I do not know much about these snakebites....I am curious if they are as louder rthan stage 5? 70-100rhwp gain is well worthe the money.

SonicMIA

Established Member
Yes I do not know much about these snakebites....I am curious if they are as louder rthan stage 5? 70-100rhwp gain is well worthe the money.

The Snake Bite is supposed to be the loudest ported Eaton Steigemeier offers, it says so on their advertisement. Now it is probably louder than a stage 5, but I couldn't tell you exactly since I never got the chance to put it on the car. But there are videos of it, you can listen to, although videos dont do it justice you can more or less hear what it sounds like.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
The Snake Bite is supposed to be the loudest ported Eaton Steigemeier offers, it says so on their advertisement. Now it is probably louder than a stage 5, but I couldn't tell you exactly since I never got the chance to put it on the car. But there are videos of it, you can listen to, although videos dont do it justice you can more or less hear what it sounds like.

Yeah I searched youtube and all I could find was the snakebite on a harley truck??? I really wish I had the money for this..... another BUMP GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread