Stieg stage 8 port

86caprirs

Established Member
I noticed on Stieg sight that they do a stage 8 port that can offer 65+ hp. Does anyone know what the port in tales? I don't see a write up on their sight. Has anyone done the port job with these results? I am guessing I will have to upgrade injectors and go for a re-tune?

Slippery Nut

Established Member
I had the stage 8 port done last march. It comprises the S/C, Plenum and TB. They add material (by welding) to both the S/C and plenum on the inside corner where they mat together so then the corner can be smoothed out providing access for air to get to the inside lobe. Beware, they have to add an adapter plate between the S/C and plenum that moves the plenum forward about 1/2 an inch so the air intake tube has almost no room for play of you have an already tight fitting fender well CAI. They also provide some "mickey mouse" parts for reattaching the cruise control. This part only bothered me because I'm kind of anal about such things, but the cruise control works fine.

Along with the port, I had a 2.93" pulley installed. I had the car dyno tuned and have attached the dyno sheet to this message. I also had the evenflo injector service, but my tuner had no idea how to tune around them and they caused problems after I picked the car up from the tuner, so I replaced them with 47# Ford racing injectors and had the car re-tuned. The dyno sheet attached is with the stock evenflo injectors. The boost is actually about 13 psi, the dyno sheet shows 12, but my tuner confirmed his boost guage is a bit low. I also discovered through datalogging that my FPDC and MAF were both maxing out over 6200 RPM.

It will whine a lot louder. In fact, it will SCREAM at you! I actually don't like the whine anymore. I'd rather hear the pipes rumble and roar.

I've since added a KB BAP and an SCT big air MAF. All said, it cost me a bit more than $2,200, which included the new injectors and tune.

Attachments

• Dyno Graph (CORRECTED).pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 142

Users who are viewing this thread