STi slaughter

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
no, it wasn't off the line, but from about 70 till little over 100 on the freeway, blue STi and I.. both hit it at the same time.. by the time I'd hit redline in 3rd I was atleast 5-6 leingths on him. I though they would be a little more of a challenge, but from a roll, nope...

the ambush

Established Member
good kill!

these cars usually trap at around 102-105 mph. compared to a cobras 114 it's clear who should win on a roll.
they have good ET due to awd.

i would like to have one though, as a winter car :thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Hydroshutter said:
Nice kill. But who races from 70 to 100?

0,3772,11696_1,00.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
There is no way an 03cobra can beat an STI, we are too slow... I am sure the resident WRX and EVO trolls will be in here shortly to clarify this for us...

Nice kill (b)

Last edited:

boostboy97

spoolin
i hope your being sacrcastic.. an sti has 300 hp compard to a cobrea 390. and the weight isnt much different .. a cobra would walk an Sti from a roll or a dead stop ..

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
boostboy97 said:
i hope your being sacrcastic.. an sti has 300 hp compard to a cobrea 390. and the weight isnt much different .. a cobra would walk an Sti from a roll or a dead stop ..

I think it's safe to say he was being sarcastic. Although, i've seen sti's with turbo upgrades that have beat vipers and 600 sportbikes. It'd be nice to have 400awhp and awd.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
boostboy97 said:

BTW, modded or not, it would take the cobra at least to the top of 2nd to catch up to an sti off the line if the sti launched at above 4k rpm.

Proof? I have a video or 2.

sweet10th

Established Member
yeah STI's are quick at launching.
Ive raced many of them.....most recent was a 45mph roll upto around 120 and it was very very bad for the STI....i highly doubt he could even read my plate from that far beind.... :p

mx_9

Established Member
03Sssnake said:
There is no way an 03cobra can beat an STI, we are too slow... I am sure the resident WRX and EVO trolls will be in here shortly to clarify this for us...

Nice kill (b)

Well, I don't really consider myself a troll but you instigated. I'd say that stock for stock it's a drivers race up to 80. AWD launch and enough power to sprint will make the STI interesting to most. From 80+ it's a different ball game. The STi is simply not geared for top end nor does it have the power to continue marching on from there in pace with a Cobra.

Now, having said that, try to get past me from a light if your lane ends and merges into mine. ;-) :burnout:

EDIT: Hmm, no smilies are showing up??

Last edited:

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT!
Established Member
FN things are only fast off the line. Once the ass end passes the front bumper, S/C kicks in and we are on their ass and it sayonara a$$whipe.

Move b***h, get out the way. :thumbsup:

Just gotta luv that S/C. :D

Last edited:

jladdy

Established Member
rvlyssup said:
FN things are only fast off the line. Once the ass end passes the front bumper, S/C kicks in and we are on their ass and it sayonara a$$whipe.

Move b***h, get out the way. :thumbsup:

Just gotta luv that S/C. :D

Very funny. I just traded in my 03 Z06 (great car) for an 05 STi. I gotta say, I like the STi better. Better all-around car. The car just FEELS right. And, believeme , the STi isn't "only fast off the line." With 300 bph/300 ft. lbs. it isn't a joke. However, the Cobra is a faster car in a typical street racing scenario (assuming the Cobra can launch). No doubt. I mean, shit, just do the math. But so what? I'm not an 18-year old punk racing from stoplight to stoplight, or jeopardizing lives on the highway, so what do I care.

I prefer to track my car. And auto-x it.

Regarding drags... I haven't run the STi yet. Best I could do in the Z06 was a 12.91 at about 111 mph. With the STi, I'd expect maybe 13.2-13.4. As long as the launch is done right.

Cobra = great car, Z06 = great car (but I don't miss it), and STi = great car.

Peace.

Last edited:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
jladdy said:
Regarding drags... I haven't run the STi yet. Best I could do in the Z06 was a 12.91 at about 111 mph. With the STi, I'd expect maybe 13.2-13.4. As long as the launch is done right.

Peace.

well...yea an STi is def a great car for all around purposes...very easy to throw around and control in the turns..(i had a modded 04WRX before i got the cobra)

however...you should have been able to run anywhere from a 12.0-12.4 in the Z06 on warmed up tires. if the best you could hit in the Z06 was almost a 13...your gonna be around 13.5-13.8 in the STi then....

just keep praticing.....that wasnt why you got rid of the Z06 is it??? cause the cobra and Z06 are 2 COMPLETELY different cars than a WRX/STi

Users who are viewing this thread