sti&evo's easy kills....??

redocmach1

Established Member
i race sti's and evo's usually lightly modded and i kill em from digs and rolls every single time. how is this i thought they werfe supposed to me all badass?...i have a few mods, but everytime i race them its barely a race,...ill usually put about 3-3and1/2 on them...?? why is this???

RiceBuster

Established Member
I wold not call them easy kills but they are just not fast enough for the Machs. I too drive a Mach and I've taken 2 EVOs and 2 STIs all from digs and from a roll with ease. My only mods are 18" 03 Cobra wheels, K&N filter & flowmaster mufflers.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I normally don't waste my time. But if the kid is cool I'll keep it kind of close then get into the throttle real heavy. It's fun having the front end rise up and the car make it look like they braked!

pottsy

Established Member
yeah, stock or near-to-stock ones are easy kills from a roll, but get a nicely modded one from a dig with a good driver and I think you'll have a different attitude about them....

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Yeah, that's what i thought until I came across a cammed, sprayed EVO and got my ass left to the tune of about 4 cars to 130 mph. The stock ones aren't any big deal, but, with some valvetrain work and more boost...they get awful serious in a hurry.

TNTramair

Established Member
are these guys taken you off the line and your reeling them in??? or are you killin them from jump?
if its the first scenario than its about right...most of them can smoke ya off the line but dont have any top end...hence onlyy trappin 100 or so in the 1/4.
if its the 2nd scenario than its bluntly a shitty driver cause theres no reason why an AWD car would lose off the line.

Last edited:

tvguy

TNTramair said:
are these guys taken you off the line and your reeling them in??? or are you killin them from jump?
if its the first scenario than its about right...most of them can smoke ya off the line but dont have any top end...hence onlyy trappin 100 or so in the 1/4.
if its the 2nd scenario than its bluntly a shitty driver cause theres no reason why an AWD car would lose off the line.

Exactly what I was thinking.
pacotaco

modmatt98cobra

yeah my 281 just beat you
Established Member
stock ones that i have seen have run mid 13's with no trap speed so u havent raced one with good driver 1.8 60ft on street tires isnt no joke there is now way a mach with factory tires can do that.

I thought EVO's are STi's are like super fast cars? Cause while browsing the EvolutionM board future buyers ask questions about it and people respond like "the only problem I have with the car is it's too damn fast!" and other people say "i need to bring extra pairs of underwears cause i piss my pants!" etc etc etc but a lot of people make like this is a fast car and making me wanna trade my cobra in for an evo.

3000ways

Established Member
Easy kills, please :rolleyes: Just not fast enough for a Mach 1, please :rolleyes:

You get a couple of kills and now you are a certified EVO and STi killer. Dude I don't know you and don't know who you have raced, but a properly DRIVEN and modified EVO will hand you your ass. There such easy kills, then get all your many kills on tape, cuz I assure just as many EVO owners claiming how easy Machs are to kill (you see the Cobra is a much more sought after kill). My point is, all you are is a bunch of claims and words, PROOF owns you mutherf*cker.

3000ways

Established Member
RiceBuster said:
I wold not call them easy kills but they are just not fast enough for the Machs. I too drive a Mach and I've taken 2 EVOs and 2 STIs all from digs and from a roll with ease. My only mods are 18" 03 Cobra wheels, K&N filter & flowmaster mufflers.

:bs:

TNTramair

Established Member
nikemason said:
I thought EVO's are STi's are like super fast cars? Cause while browsing the EvolutionM board future buyers ask questions about it and people respond like "the only problem I have with the car is it's too damn fast!" and other people say "i need to bring extra pairs of underwears cause i piss my pants!" etc etc etc but a lot of people make like this is a fast car and making me wanna trade my cobra in for an evo.
thats cause most of them are coming up from vtec's or mazdas...its gonna feel insanely fast when your makin a big jump in performance like that.
not putting down evos or sti's in anyway but, from my personaly experiance with driving an Sti, i know for a fact they fall on their faces about 3rd gear. i pulled a 1.78 60' in my friends stock sti but was only able to get a [email protected] be mid 11's on all motor in my present car with that 60'.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
I've raced stock Mach's and 99/01 Cobras from a dig, and it has been literally dead even all the way through my 4th gear (~110mph), and I'm stock (well, ok, I do have a K&N panel filter :-D ).

StangJason

Established Member
redocmach1 said:
i race sti's and evo's usually lightly modded and i kill em from digs and rolls every single time. how is this i thought they werfe supposed to me all badass?...i have a few mods, but everytime i race them its barely a race,...ill usually put about 3-3and1/2 on them...?? why is this???

Yeah AWD is overrated and most Import drivers hear about one STi/Evo that has billions of sponsors funding them to run high 10s and soon every STi/Evo can run high 10s int their minds when all they are is really a mid 13 car.

I raced quite a few AWD cars when I had my 95 GT (dyno'd 529 rwhp with Procharger) and if I had a good lauch it would be door to door until I completely hooked at about 30-40 mph then it was like their car broke and they went in reverse. Truly a hilarious sight :-D

After you get your supercharger put on get you some suspension mods and you'll be embarrassing and hurting the ego of these AWD Ricers even more :bash:

3000ways

Established Member
pottsy said:
yeah, stock or near-to-stock ones are easy kills from a roll, but get a nicely modded one from a dig with a good driver and I think you'll have a different attitude about them....

I hope your not talking easy kill for you and your 96 Cobra, interesting cuz this 97 Cobra just ran this time with these mods (4.10's, nitto dr's, mac offroad h pipe, flowmasters, bbk underdrive pullies, intake, short throw, suspension work)-

R/T .036
60' 2.169
330' 5.912
1/8 8.960
mph 81.19
1000 11.575
1/4 13.780
mph 101.19

Damn stock and near stock EVOs need to watch out, but I find it interesting that this EVO with just a flash was able to run this-

60ft 1.836
330 5.319
1/8 8.217
mph 85.74
1000 10.741
1/4 12.862
mph 103.87

Maybe your the easy kill :idea:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
StangJason said:
Yeah AWD is overrated and most Import drivers hear about one STi/Evo that has billions of sponsors funding them to run high 10s and soon every STi/Evo can run high 10s int their minds when all they are is really a mid 13 car.

I raced quite a few AWD cars when I had my 95 GT (dyno'd 529 rwhp with Procharger) and if I had a good lauch it would be door to door until I completely hooked at about 30-40 mph then it was like their car broke and they went in reverse. Truly a hilarious sight

After you get your supercharger put on get you some suspension mods and you'll be embarrassing and hurting the ego of these AWD Ricers even more

You mean to tell me your 529rwhp car can actually beat a 300 crank hp car?! :idea:

Users who are viewing this thread