Stereo Guru's

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
There is a rattle coming from underneath the trunk I pulled the gas tank and dynomatted under it and pulled out everything in the trunk WTH is it I can not figure it out it's almost right by the rear bumper. It's about 80% better but still rattle what else do you suggest? Maybe fill the back panel where the trunk lock latch is foll of foam? I literally did the entire inside of the car roof to firewall
dynomatt2.jpg

dynomatt.jpg

FATMAT1.jpg

door.jpg

Last edited:

Vinyl

Your HIDs blind others
Established Member
Pull everything and re-insulate properly is all I can say.

I'D WIN

Established Member
Does the rattling occur when everything is put back together or just as it sits now?

Typically when I dynomat a car, I do the inside of the door compartment cavity and then the outside like you have done. Aside from doing the car in its entirety, I don't leave any space uncovered. I also fill all the cavity's with some sort of foam or insulation. Depending on the funds, I will spray all the back sides of the interior panels as well.

Dynomat brand is relatively good but I prefer to use the auto body shop sound deadening sheets. Its much cheaper, its thicker, and it has better adhesive properties when applied and heated.

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
Does the rattling occur when everything is put back together or just as it sits now?

Typically when I dynomat a car, I do the inside of the door compartment cavity and then the outside like you have done. Aside from doing the car in its entirety, I don't leave any space uncovered. I also fill all the cavity's with some sort of foam or insulation. Depending on the funds, I will spray all the back sides of the interior panels as well.

Dynomat brand is relatively good but I prefer to use the auto body shop sound deadening sheets. Its much cheaper, its thicker, and it has better adhesive properties when applied and heated.

Yeah it still does it with the bumper off but it's so hard to pin point where it's at I am going to try the foam stuff

jzepp

Established Member
Wow!!! I am glad i got out of the whole bumping stereo phase....too much money and work. I got tired of trying to figure out every little rattle from outside my car. My whole car is dynamated also. I wouldn't know what to suggest. I still have a few rattles but i am done trying to figure it out. Good luck, though.

I'D WIN

Established Member
It might be some of the clips. Also, check the undercarriage with the stereo on. You could use a stethoscope to help narrow it down.

cobraxd12beat

Established Member
id rather have it rattle then add 500 pounds to my car!! if it rattles on the outside **** it i cant hear it from the inside. i stripped my whole trunk out and i have 1 12 l7 with a 2000watt amp going to it i have 1 rattle the license plate and it took 1 strip of double sided tape to fix

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
id rather have it rattle then add 500 pounds to my car!! if it rattles on the outside **** it i cant hear it from the inside. i stripped my whole trunk out and i have 1 12 l7 with a 2000watt amp going to it i have 1 rattle the license plate and it took 1 strip of double sided tape to fix

500 LBS? I have run 10's with full stereo weight with my old set up I'm not going to strip my car to make it faster. My car audio is at most 120 lbs at most including the dynomat besides the fact my car is "NOW" for show, alot of poeple worry about weight not me if weight is an issue than your car is slow add power and it won't be an issue nothing more boost can't fix:bored:

Last edited:

cobraxd12beat

Established Member
500 LBS? I have run 10's with full stereo weight with my old set up I'm not going to strip my car to make it faster. My car audio is at most 120 lbs at most including the dynomat besides the fact my car is "NOW" for show, alot of poeple worry about weight not me if weight is an issue than your car is slow add power and it won't be an issue nothing more boost can't fix:bored:

i didnt say i stripped the whole car dumb dumb i said i stripped the trunk meaning spare tire jack carpet and the mach 460 i have full interior still and i definently wasnt going to add two amps and an l7 to make it lighter to be faster get your head out your ass

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I used to compete in audio comps

your going to have to do a better dynamat job than that on the trunklid! The reason it still rattles is because theres absolutely no dynamat on there. Your going to have to do the entire thing, covering the wires etc. My system is 1500RMS and my whole trunk doesnt rattle at all. :shrug:

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
i didnt say i stripped the whole car dumb dumb i said i stripped the trunk meaning spare tire jack carpet and the mach 460 i have full interior still and i definently wasnt going to add two amps and an l7 to make it lighter to be faster get your head out your ass

No shit shirlock I was simply stating I'm not the type of person to strip a car or "trunk" to save a little weight if I am going to do some thing I will do it right instead of being a half as like you "if it rattles on the outside **** it i cant hear it from the inside". If that's how you like it so be it.

Second of all dumb dumb:bored: id rather have it rattle then add 500 pounds to my car!! Why did you bring up weight if it's not a concern of speed?

i definently wasnt going to add two amps and an l7 to make it lighter to be faster get your head out your ass Sounds like your head is up your ass kiddo think before you speak you might sound a little more intelligent:loser:

Last edited:

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
your going to have to do a better dynamat job than that on the trunklid! The reason it still rattles is because theres absolutely no dynamat on there. Your going to have to do the entire thing, covering the wires etc. My system is 1500RMS and my whole trunk doesnt rattle at all. :shrug:

I didn't want to go to crazy on the deck lid being i am going to put a monitor on it:) I think my fibre glass box is whats rattling :( i have to pull it out and go from there

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
I hear that foaming spray works great, you just have to be careful with it. I find it near to impossible to get rid of all the rattles but with the right amount of time and money it is possible. Most people just don't want to spend it, they just want their two 12's

Users who are viewing this thread