Steps on detailing...again

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Okay..I know this has been asked but, I need to get the detail thing started here real soon.

I will wash it and dry it first but...after that..what should I do next? Clay bar or polish? I want to get the spots off the car..those that can be felt..and those that can not. Lots of, I believe, rail dust..you know those annoying brown/black spots...then I also need to get rid of some micro marring...I will be using Pinnacle Clay Bar..and probably PB 2.0 by Hand at this point..then probably the Klasse Sealant followed by CMW...to give it a deep shine.

Oh..and there is a wax/polish on the car from when I bought in October 2004...still feels very slick from them...should I do anything to take this off? If so, what?

I am going to get a PC on order soon with pads from Scott..just not in the budget..at least at the moment..maybe soon!

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
(1) Wash with a good soap
(2) Clay bar, use plenty of lube, and should be done in the shade on cool paint if possible.
(3) Swirl cutter to remove the fine scratches that the clay cant remove.
(4) Polish as many coats as you have time and patients for.
(5) Wax, this is optional.
Steps 3-5 should be done with an orbital buffer and foam pad if possible.
Use microfiber towels to remove all products.
Wipe down the paint with detail spray between steps to make sure all residue has been removed from the prior steps.

Last step.....Digital photos to share with the rest of us.. :coolman:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Tropi-CareChris said:
(1) Wash with a good soap
(2) Clay bar, use plenty of lube, and should be done in the shade on cool paint if possible.
(3) Swirl cutter to remove the fine scratches that the clay cant remove.
(4) Polish as many coats as you have time and patients for.
(5) Wax, this is optional.
Steps 3-5 should be done with an orbital buffer and foam pad if possible.
Use microfiber towels to remove all products.
Wipe down the paint with detail spray between steps to make sure all residue has been removed from the prior steps.

Last step.....Digital photos to share with the rest of us.. :coolman:

Thanks! Trust me the pics will come...!

spree

Established Member
Cobra330 said:
Okay..I know this has been asked but, I need to get the detail thing started here real soon.

I will wash it and dry it first but...after that..what should I do next? Clay bar or polish? I want to get the spots off the car..those that can be felt..and those that can not. Lots of, I believe, rail dust..you know those annoying brown/black spots...then I also need to get rid of some micro marring...I will be using Pinnacle Clay Bar..and probably PB 2.0 by Hand at this point..then probably the Klasse Sealant followed by CMW...to give it a deep shine.

Oh..and there is a wax/polish on the car from when I bought in October 2004...still feels very slick from them...should I do anything to take this off? If so, what?

I am going to get a PC on order soon with pads from Scott..just not in the budget..at least at the moment..maybe soon!

1) wash and dry
2) clay
3) wash and dry again
4) SSR2
5) Klasse SG

The clay will strip off whatever wax buildup is on there from when you bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread