Steggy Porting...

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Anyone here have a Steggy ported GT500? My friend has on '09 GT500 and is basically stock; axle back exhaust and CAI.

He's looking for more power while keeping the stock appearance. I suggested just throwing a KB at the car and calling it a day but he wants it to look stock so thats out the window.

I know Steggy has a great rep and alot of the 03-04 Cobra guys have had their SCs done by them, just looking for GT500 guys suggestions.

VaporSnake

Forever Slow
Established Member
haven't ported my blower yet, but i have also heard a lot of good about Posi porting as well... just an alternative thought

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
i dont have mine ported but both are quality companies. If i decide not to upgrade my blower im going to get a posi port

raycutchins

Established Member
I have a Stegy stage 5 supercharger port and throttle body and elbow stage 2 port. With the port switch to a smaller pulley to take advantage of more air going in. Also think about a 10-15% overdrive crank to pick up the torque. Mine was last dyno'd at 588 or 590 rwhp/rwtq. Here is a video of my last run and you can hear the supercharger ([nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsijR2pfQb8"]YouTube - 2007 GT500 1OCT10.wmv[/nomedia]). I am thinking of finishing it up with the Snakebite or Street King series.

Quade

Old Man.
Established Member
POSI FTW!!! Really good dude, even though he smoked me the last time we raced. 11.15 at 129.39 on 93 octane with his port, so far.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I've had great service from stiegemeier porting, am currently running a ported stock blower, multi drive kit with 2.2 pulley, 10% lower pulley, and ported elbow on a 2007. Car runs consistent 10.70's @ 130+ with a best of 10.61 @ 135.5 with slicks and skinnies. The car makes 18lbs. of boost and uses 92 octane gas with methonol inj.

Last edited:

Lad30nyc

Established Member
Thanks guys forwarded the info to my friend. I want a KB on it but its his car not mine... Any more info/imput would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
So he wants to keep it stock, but wants max power out of looking stock....

Steggy....

Snakebite
Stage 6 Port
Tear Drop Inlet Plenum

BAM you making well over 600rwhp with 93 octane.

Get yourself a TB, CAI, Headers, X-pipe, & an Axle-back. BAM!!! closing in on 650rwhp ALL STOCK APPEARANCE.

Or you can send yours to Posi for a port...do a VMP 2.59 upper pulley....15% ATI Lower Pulley. Then do a TB, CAI, Headers, X-pipe, & an axle-back, but doubt you'd make the same or more power than the snake bite.

I'll let you know how I do with my setup from Steggy.

skyhighsd

Established Member

skyhighsd

Established Member
So he wants to keep it stock, but wants max power out of looking stock....

Steggy....

Snakebite
Stage 6 Port
Tear Drop Inlet Plenum

BAM you making well over 600rwhp with 93 octane.

Get yourself a TB, CAI, Headers, X-pipe, & an Axle-back. BAM!!! closing in on 650rwhp ALL STOCK APPEARANCE.

Or you can send yours to Posi for a port...do a VMP 2.59 upper pulley....15% ATI Lower Pulley. Then do a TB, CAI, Headers, X-pipe, & an axle-back, but doubt you'd make the same or more power than the snake bite.

I'll let you know how I do with my setup from Steggy.

This is a great idea if you like throwing money away.....lol

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member

It's not really throwing money away. The only thing money would be lost on is the pulley and port job on the stock supercharger which can be easily had back by selling it if you want to ever upgrade to an aftermarket blower. You can still utilize whichever TB, CAI, Headers, etc. on any other setup you aim for so there's no money thrown away. Think about it. Used ported S/C alone go for $800. The port job itself is $600...the blowers alone go for $300-$400 used. So you're losing $2-300 dollars tops if you want to sell it. The snake bite blower would lose about the same anyway, but basically that money lost is the money you paid for all the fun you had with that setup for that time being.....

I've done numerous research and have gone this route due to this reason. I will lose a negligible amount of money...i.e. $2-300 tops after having the setup for a year...Next summer I'll upgrade to an aftermarketblower and have every bolt on possible for the setup already on. So making 650+rwhp on the stock blower is a waste of money when you're spending the same amount of money you would to make the same amount of power with a different blower. In the end you don't lose much at all....

So how is this throwing money away? Just curious....

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
It's not really throwing money away. The only thing money would be lost on is the pulley and port job on the stock supercharger which can be easily had back by selling it if you want to ever upgrade to an aftermarket blower. You can still utilize whichever TB, CAI, Headers, etc. on any other setup you aim for so there's no money thrown away. Think about it. Used ported S/C alone go for $800. The port job itself is $600...the blowers alone go for $300-$400 used. So you're losing $2-300 dollars tops if you want to sell it. The snake bite blower would lose about the same anyway, but basically that money lost is the money you paid for all the fun you had with that setup for that time being.....

I've done numerous research and have gone this route due to this reason. I will lose a negligible amount of money...i.e. $2-300 tops after having the setup for a year...Next summer I'll upgrade to an aftermarketblower and have every bolt on possible for the setup already on. So making 650+rwhp on the stock blower is a waste of money when you're spending the same amount of money you would to make the same amount of power with a different blower. In the end you don't lose much at all....

So how is this throwing money away? Just curious....

Did you happen to read the post post 12? No headers and a Posi port is a lot cheaper than the SB with headers and it will walk circles around a port/re gear job(SB). :rockon:

I should have deleted part of post 13 to make a little more sense.

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Did you happen to read the post post 12? No headers and a Posi port is a lot cheaper than the SB with headers and it will walk circles around a port/re gear job(SB). :rockon:

I should have deleted part of post 13 to make a little more sense.

I doubt it would since your friend's dyno numbers are 560...i'm taking it was on a mustang dyno since those numbers are so low...We can always compare....On a dynojet I'm shooting for 700rwhp on 93 octane..

Snakebite/stage 6 port/2.85" pulley > Posi Port...

I did headers in order to run a smaller pulley and lower the boost levels back down to ~18 psi....Steggy made 650rwhp (dynojet) while only making 15lbs of boost on the snakebite with a 3" pulley....so add 3 more pounds...then add 109 octane race gas tune for some more fun with more degrees of timing added after the 93 octane tune of course. Doubt his would walk circles around mine....

Last edited:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Dyno numbers dont win the race! Do you really think those numbers that you saw are correct...........lmao gl

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Dyno numbers dont win the race! Do you really think those numbers that you saw are correct...........lmao gl

He said the trap speed he saw equates to 620...said he pulls low numbers on all dynojets...so the 560 was on a dyno jet. There's a guy on here liberito or whatever running 10.3x's I believe with a port and pulley combo...

Keep believing just a port is going to beat my setup :thumbsup:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member

... Why is it a waste of money? Posting up a video of another car running 10.6x does not answer the question. Running a 10.6x can be accomplished with no port work. Both companies have great products that work. The end. One is not better then the other.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Snakebite/stage 6 port/2.85" pulley > Posi Port...

I gotta really watch this post and word it correctly but....

Only because you're going to be running more boost. To say it's greater is correct but only in that you'll be "pullied for more boost inside the supercharger snout" instead of doing the same with a lower pulley. Either way good luck with your car and hopefully you'll reach your Goal.:beer:

Thought I'd clear that up or defend myself a little here and that's all I have to say.

Thanks,
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread