Steg ported blower with 2.49 upper pulley

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Hey guys had a question about a tune/fuel system. After talking with bob steg about doing a stage 6 port and a 2.49 upper pulley he said all I will need is my injectors re sized to 52 pounds from his shop along with a sct 2400 maf but no boost a pump? I thought that the factory pump would run out around 500 wrhp? I am going to pull the trigger soon but I want to make sure it's setup properly also. Curious to see what wrhp it should put out also? I have a jlt intake, pro chamber, flow aster cat back, all bf pulleys, afco he, and a ic tank. Thanks for any input!!!

Last edited:

ian04

Established Member
yes i would put a bap on there and i belive that should make like 16 to 16.5 psi if u dont have any slip which i would be shocked if u dont but u should be in the 500 to 525 rwh range

michael.heying

Established Member
I am intrigues to the answer to this as well? Also is there a definitive way to reduce the amount of slip that would happen on a 2.49 pulley? aside from an auxiliary idler.

500hp04cobra

Established Member
I made 508 on a stage 6 steg w/ a 2.76 upper only..running outta injector(stockers) I'd say if your tuner is any good you could make 540ish @ 16-17psi if he leans on it. Def do a bap, 60lb injectors and sct2600 Maf I really wish i would've waited to tune mine until I had injectors.

ian04

Established Member
Thanks for the input man. Would it be better to do a lower instead of the 2.49 upper only?

steig claims he has made the pully grooves different something with more deepth on them to reduce the slip u might want to talk to him about it but honestly i would just run the lower setup if it was me

SVTCobra033

Established Member
I'm leaning out bad around 4700 rpm (wide open throttle). I need to call Steg to see what stage my blower is, but the previous owner kept 39lb injectors, no MAF, and no BAP. I've got a lot of catching up to do before I blow it up...any suggestions?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Run a BAP and you should be good with 39lb injectors, you could just get 60's to be "safe". As for the pulley Run a upper and lower setup, you'll make up more RWTQ that way. :beer:

SVTCobra033

Established Member
Thanks. I have a Steg upper, but don't know what size, with a stock lower. I also changed plugs and re-gapped them to what they should be according to a tuner in Jacksonville (.030-.032). I did find that I have a MAFia also (it was tucked down my fender well). My car does have 140k miles, so my stock fuel pump could possibly be weak. I just bought another fuel pump from a friend that has less miles. I will put it in this Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread