Steering wheel is shaking

Apexslider

Established Member
Not sure whats going on but my front end (or something) has a shake to it thats feeding back into the steering wheel. Its been getting worse as of late but is oddly enough almost intermitant (sp?). I got a little wheel hop today in first and the steering wheel just went crazy, even after I lifted to stop the hop...but a few block down the road it almost went away. I haven't hit anything but I guess I could have thrown some weights off the wheels, but it just doesn't feel like that. Any ideas?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
got the same size tires on the back as on the front? swap them and see if that changes anything. a nibble in the steering wheel is almost always wheels/tires.

is it making any noise? might want to check the wheel bearings. jack up under the control arm and see if you can wiggle the wheel&tire assembly. if you grab it at 3:00 and 9:00, you may detect some slop from the steering, but thats normal. try it at 12:00 and 6:00 and it should be tight with no play. check all four wheels for comparison.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
Feel the insides of the front tires. If they are feathered, i.e. higher at rear of tread blocks then the front, then you could have an alignment issue. Check the rear suspension too though. You may have something more severe going on.

Jaimie

Apexslider

Established Member
Jaimie03Cobra said:
Feel the insides of the front tires. If they are feathered, i.e. higher at rear of tread blocks then the front, then you could have an alignment issue. Check the rear suspension too though. You may have something more severe going on.

Jaimie

thats what I'm afraid of. Thanks for the help!

2003 Silver

Banned
Alignment or tires....or both!! Simple fix either way...one is just more expensive than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread