Steering problem?

jareds99slobra

Established Member
I have a 99 vert and here recentky it seems like when im making a right turn at slow speeds (in a parking lot for example) theres a continuous poppin noise coming from the front. im not sure what it is i havent had a chance to put it on a lift. just wondering if anyone has any ideas or things i should look at to see if its broke or not.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
No mine isnt a screek its poppin and i just realized coming home from work today it does it if i turn right or left. i feel like its getting worse. its a prominent popping noise thats continuous as i am turning slowly

4valvemach

Established Member
My car had the popping and creaking sound also but the popping stopped after I lowered it.I searched on the mach1registry for a popping sound and people say it could be the bearing in the C&C plates or sway bar bushings.

You could drop the sway bar and grease the bushing and also make sure the sway bar end link bolts are tight.

Last edited:

jareds99slobra

Established Member
mine is lowered with eibach lowering springs no iso cups and i dont have any camber plates. so its either ball joints or some type of bearing.

OldSVTGuy

Established Member
I had it on another Mustang and it turned out to be bolts holding the rack to the K-member. I loosened them, cleaned them up, re-installed and tightened. Noise gone.

Good luck.

jareds99slobra

Established Member
thanks man ill definatley do that im gonna put her on the lift tomorrow and check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread