steering problem relly loosee!!!

jimmy11990

Established Member
i recently put bbk headers on my 94 gt, after i did that there was a relly bad vibration in the steering from the new header tubes being bigger they were rubbing the steering collumn, now the vibration went away and there is alott of play in the steering wheel, i can move the wheel whyle driving about a inch in both directions and nothing happens, now i dont know if i need to buy a new collumn or if thers just sumpthing that got loose??:??::??::??::??:

naptown_rider

Established Member
Huh sorry to hear about your luck. So you say you put the headers on and it rattled for a bit then just stopped? Where you driving when it stopped or did it suddenly no longer rattle when you turned it on again? Maybe the headers overheated whatever it was rattling on your steering column. Or it could be something completely different. Jack up the front and try to move the wheels, if you get play there i would check your tie rods, bushings etc. this may just be one of those times where you just inspect everything.

SCGT

Established Member
I put BBK headers on mine and it did the same thing.

It's not the BBK's it's the headers in general.

The extra heat from the headers melts the material inside the factory steering shaft and gives all the play.

When I was at the track it started out fine, but after a couple laps got real sloppy. It is because as it heated up it got worse.

I added a solid steering shaft from Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

And it got 110% better.

Users who are viewing this thread