Steering Column

TDMCobra

Ringside.
Established Member
Okay, my car was in an accident a while back and since then, the steering wheel has had a shitload of play in it. Its driveable, even going fast. But it pissed me off. The guys at a shop explained that since I was hit in the front, Fords steering columns are collapseable so they dont impale you if you hit a wall or something and the front end is crush. They explained that mine was ever so slightly collapsed resulting in play. Not the tie rods, those were replaced. So Im asking, where to get one, how much, and is this a easy DIY job or something better left to professionals. While I am an able and willing guy with a decent amount of knowledge, I wont pretend to be a pro.

EDIT: And can someone help me find a speedo gear online? TKO600 with 4:10s...thanks, I have two exams this weekend, otherwise Id look harder myself.

Last edited:

97riocobra2

Established Member
I found a 03-04 cobra steering shaft on ebay for about 40 bucks shipped. I'm not sure if they are still floating around on there or not, someone on here was looking for one a couple months ago. You could install it yourself, I just had my shop do it since they were working on it.

Users who are viewing this thread