steering column pod question

so9956

Established Member
I found a steering column pod on jegs but it says it's for a 99-01 ford f-150. I called and talked to one of the techs to see if it would fit an '04 and he said he didn't think so but he sounded very unsure and didn't sound like he knew what the hell he was talking about so............anyone on here know if it will? the last few product numbers are 15004. I searched to see where I could get one from and everyone kept saying autometer product #15004 so I'm pretty sure it will fit just wanted to make sure before I spent the money. Thanks for the help.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
you tell me if it fits :)
this is on an 04

column1.jpg

column2.jpg

gauge1.jpg

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
i didn't drill holes when I did mine. I used the double stick tape that came with the pod. It's ok but not as nice as I would have liked. Oh well, guess I should try and cut down on my gauge obsession!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
boner said:
it just snaps on, right?

its just "sits" around the column...just kinda tight. I didn't like it sitting there since any time id move the steering column up or down it would shift. I wanted that bitch held in place...just not with tape...im not a fan of tape, especially with our hot as sun here in the desert! it makes tape its bitch

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
its just "sits" around the column...just kinda tight. I didn't like it sitting there since any time id move the steering column up or down it would shift. I wanted that bitch held in place...just not with tape...im not a fan of tape, especially with our hot as sun here in the desert! it makes tape its bitch

so how did you secure it?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
boner said:
so how did you secure it?

drilled two holes and used the ratchet snaps (plastic christmas tree rivets)
you can see them in my pics above..they are a 3/16th in hole if i remember right

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
Kryo-Genik said:
drilled two holes and used the ratchet snaps (plastic christmas tree rivets)
you can see them in my pics above..they are a 3/16th in hole if i remember right

yeah i saw that, but i wasnt sure. cool! now i know what to do for the best results..... i hate rattles and loose shit on my vehicles.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
boner said:
yeah i saw that, but i wasnt sure. cool! now i know what to do for the best results..... i hate rattles and loose shit on my vehicles.

well I did it since I don't like tape. and now I know that I can move the column up or down without it shifting....and its nice and TIGHT!

Users who are viewing this thread