Steeda vs. H&R?

1HurtinAlbertan

Established Member
Hey everyone, I'm considering getting some lowering springs this winter to install next spring. I noticed that the Steedas are considerably more expensive than the h&r's. Are they better? From what I can gather they seem to lower a little less than the h&r's, which may be a good thing with these wonderful Canadian roads, and speed bumps...

Also wondering if anyone has any good pics of the Steeda's installed? Thanks in advance!

cobracide

Established Member
Steeda sport springs are progressive on all four corners. HR are progressive in the front only. That is why they are more expensive. You can control ride height by eliminating isos to go lower. With the mile high speed bumps here, I left all the isos in. I've enjoyed my steeda springs in my 2001 and now my 2003. Progressives get stiff under stress but also stay soft under light loading to smooth out the bumps. This makes them more suited to performance street cars. Linear springs stay the same rate under all conditions. Straight track cars use linear springs for their predictability in handling. I imagine either one (steeda sport or hr race) would be a good choice, with hr race being the #1 choice. Hr sports ride even lower and hit a lot of stuff. My experience is limited to Steeda sports.

To get you started..

Progressive Springs

Last edited:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
steeda. no ISO's in the rear. all factory ISO's up front.
DSC00078-2.gif

DSC00071.gif

DSC00069.gif

DSC00068.gif
554083_10151080605373869_206663403_n.gif

525860_4809027827104_1302448468_n.gif

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
Love my h&r race. Great ride quality better then stock IMO and takes a turn like no ones business

hu4azuqy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
^ They have settled a bit since that photo it was only the day after installing them

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tomsgarage

Established Member
I installed the Steeda Sport Springs a few years ago (isolators still in) and loved it for the street but the car felt disconnected when running on track events. This summer I installed the Steeda Ball Joints, had the struts and shocks revalved and rebuilt by Bilstein to match the Steed Spring Rates, FTBR Full Kit and Deluxe Bumpsteer Kit, and Ford Racing IRS Cover. I just went two weeks ago to Carolina Motorsports Park and the car handles the best it ever has and does a better job of putting the power down. The car did handle great on the street with just the Steeda Springs, but if you are looking for a better on track experience you need to consider the additonal changes that I and others have done.

1HurtinAlbertan

Established Member
Thanks again for all of the input everyone! And the pics! :beer:

I will probably be looking into going with Steedas after the pics and opinions expressed in this thread. I really appreciate it!

I only have the cash flow to do so much in a year, unfortunately. I'll probably try and get the lowering springs and some 18" rims this year. Likely FR500's. Yeah, I'm a sheep but I think they look great lol. Also near the top of my list is the ftbr IRS bushing kit, ford racing diff cover, and flsfc. But only so much at a time... Sigh. Oh well, at least I was able to get myself a cobra! Even in stock form it provides much enjoyment and "spirited" summer driving! :D

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I installed the Steeda Sport Springs a few years ago (isolators still in) and loved it for the street but the car felt disconnected when running on track events. This summer I installed the Steeda Ball Joints, had the struts and shocks revalved and rebuilt by Bilstein to match the Steed Spring Rates, FTBR Full Kit and Deluxe Bumpsteer Kit, and Ford Racing IRS Cover. I just went two weeks ago to Carolina Motorsports Park and the car handles the best it ever has and does a better job of putting the power down. The car did handle great on the street with just the Steeda Springs, but if you are looking for a better on track experience you need to consider the additonal changes that I and others have done.

Awesome, i am wanting to start doing track days and really want to go out there as is as far as suspension and then start modding so i appreciate it and get a feel for whats really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread