Steeda Tri-Ax vs Pro-5.0 T56 Power Tower Shifter

cwa175

Established Member
Just looking for some pro and cons about these shifters. Looking to get one or the other. The Pro 5 seems to be a little more upright than the Steeda. Thanks

lguerra1

Established Member
Both shifters are very similar. I have run both. The handles are the biggest difference. The pro5.o also has more steel in it. Both pieces are very nice and you will be happy with either one. The steeda handle angles toward the driver making it easier to shift. If you get a pro5.0, make sure you get a handle that bends toward you.

lguerra1

Established Member
Don't know, never tried to use the stock handle on aftermarket shifters. I never liked how tall the stock handle is, so I always went with an aftermarket handle. You probably can use it though. Most handles are interchangable with the proper bushings/bolts.

03DOHC

Established Member
Get the MGW handle first. It fits on the stock shifter and is fully adjustable for height and length, not to mention gives a better "feel" than the stock handle. The best part is it only costs $40 or so.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
See <http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shift_handle.html>. But be aware that the handle is comprised of two separate pieces, compromising overall strength. Use Loctite as mentioned in your earlier post as the screws that hold the telescopic shaft in place will tend to back out under hard shifting. I have the MGW + PRO-5.0 combo on my '03.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Originally posted by cwa175
Thanks, I kind of partial to the stock handle will it fit the Pro-5.0?

If I remember correctly it will not...

I looked at doing that.. but I wanted the rubber bushing gone off the stock shift handle. Once the rubber was removed.. the holes in the handle were too big for the bolts..

I didn't try to bolt the stock shifter handle with rubber to the Pro 5.0

Pro 5.0 also has a "longer" handle that you may want to consider.

2stangBK

Established Member
I didn't catch this one till now or I would have mentioned it sooner. I have the new Hurst Comp Plus Billet for the 3650 in my 01'. Nice piece and very tight feel in the shift pattern. You may try that one unless your'e already sold on a different one.

cwa175

Established Member
Thanks, I got the MGW handle and like it. But I still think that the throws could be a little shorter. How are they with the Hurst? Thanks again for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread