Steeda Tri-Ax break-in period?

arizona302

Established Member
I installed the Tri-Ax last week, the 2-3 shifts are improved but the 1-2 shifts are more difficult. I have been missing hard shifts. Sometimes it doesn't want to go into 2nd. Does it get better over time - is there a break-in period?

King03Cobra

Established Member
You shouldn't have any problems going into 2nd ? Are the stops adjusted properly ? Don't think there is a break in period, mine still feels the same as when I installed it.

tv's 03

Established Member
when I first put one on my 01 cobra I had trouble. I would go from 1st gear to 4th gear. I had to hold the shifter to the left to make sure I would go in second. It was because the centering spring was stout. It did soften up after a short while and I got used to applying left pressure to the one-two shift.

Don't worry about it, it will get better and you will grow used to it, and forget it was ever a problem

svt03cobra10th

Established Member
Mine was very tight when first installed, so much that I almost took it out and sent it back. Mike M. at Steeda said give it about 250 - 300 miles and it will be like a hot knife thru butter. He is right. I don't miss shifts and it is like silk. But it took the better part of 500 miles for it to settle in.

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I had mine in for about .01 miles and loved it. I liked it before I ever got the car going forward. It makes me wonder why for bothers to put that broomstick in there anyway. And as far as the noise, isn't this a performance car? I say deal with it. It just reminds me what I am really driving: Good old Detroit V8 muscle!

Users who are viewing this thread