STEEDA SUBFRAME BUSHING KIT FOR THE EXPLORER ST

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Awesome news from our friends over at STEEDA!

They have just released their subframe bushing kit for your 2020+ Explorer ST and these things are going to be a must!

subframe_kit_explorer_st.png

Maintain control of your Explorer and prevent it from losing traction due to bushing deflection with this bushing support system from Steeda. This is one of the first and most simple steps that should be taken to eliminate wheel hop.

Eliminate subframe movement. The Steeda subframe bushing support system eliminates the rear subframe movement that causes instability and spongey handling in your Explorer. Stiffening the subframe and preventing movement is the key to reducing and eliminating the troublesome traction issues and disconnected feel when launching or taking tight corners.

Better road-feel. Installing the Steeda bushing support kit gives the driver a better feel for the road, letting the driver feel connected to the SUV. This makes spirited and track driving more enjoyable and more responsive.

No Increase in NVH. No worries about increasing NVH like a typical urethane bushing kit. Keep your comfortable quiet ride with this upgrade. Inserting into the factory bushings, these supports prevent bushing deflection without introducing NVH.

Quality construction. CNC machined in Steeda's Valdosta, GA facility from T6061 aircraft grade billet aluminum for the highest quality construction.

Features & Benefits:
Increases traction
No increase in NVH
Better handling
Enhanced road-feel
Easy to install
No permanent modifications
Made from billet aluminum
CNC machined in-house
Limited lifetime warranty

Note: This kit is compatible with the following rear subframes: MB5Z-5035-J, MB5Z-5035-G. Please note fitment is not confirmed with part number MB5Z-5035-B. The kit will not fit with MB5Z-5035-F. Contact your local Ford dealership with the last 8 of your VIN and request the "rear crossmember assembly" part number to confirm fitment.

Click here to order:

GerryMX

Established Member
We might include that for the incoming 2020 Explorer project. My uncle is not very satisfied with the traction. We're installing the suspension, exhaust, and black rhino wheels on the Silverado this weekend and we'll start the Explorer project next week.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Anyone with feedback or impressions on these once installed?
These are great. Super easy install, took an hour including beer breaks. My car is still on the stock tune, so I don't have the constant wheel hop issues some guys go, but these still stopped a noticeable hop just during a full-throttle 1-2 shift. Also, the rear feels more planted over bumps and during turns. No increase in NVH at all. I'd say it's a must-do mod to these Explorers.

Users who are viewing this thread