Steeda Strut Tower Brace

DSG03Snake

Established Member
Ok, first off I did a search, couldn't really find much of what I wanted. Most of what I found was people flaming on the STB.

Allright, I can get a Steeda STB very cheap. I'm always looking for little easy to install mods that can have a benefit. I've heard these don't make a huge difference in chasis stiffness, but for the price even if it doesn't make a huge diff it at least improves under hood appearence.

Now my question is, I am not good with my hands, and am by no means a mechanic. The only thing I have ever installed on my cars has been a CAI and Shifter. Would I have any problem installing the STB? It looks fairly simple from the pics.

Second, I've read some people claiming you cannot use stock CC plates with these. Why would that be? I don't understand, after looking at the pictures, why the Steeda STB would cause any issues with the CC Plates.

Third, can this unit be taken on and off if needed? I've heard it can, as it bolts on, but im not completely sure.

Thanks, and please don't tell me to get one of the 3 point braces from snow or kb, because I don't want them :)

RossSVT

Established Member
I had one on an 03 Cobra. The only part that bothered me was drilling into the strut towers. It is really an easy install and not complicated at all. If you installed a CAI and shifter this is just a little more work. Take your time and you'll be fine. As far as CC plates. Can't help you there, I already had installed a set of Maximum Motorsport CC plates prior to installing the STB from Steeda. Good luck with the install. Maybe some one else can chime in here on the CC plate question.

outlw

Established Member
I have one with my stock plates no problems what so ever.. It was a piece of cake

LoneRangers03

I installed my Steeda brace last week in about 20 mins. First one I've ever done. I only drilled two holes instead of the possible six just in case I ever want to take it back off. My son, being daddy's little helper, got his hand with a wrench underneath the strut tower and held the nut while I tightened it down so I didn't have to lift the car to clear the wheels. That's probably gonna be your biggest challenge unless you tap the holes and don't use the nuts. Good luck!

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I have one on my car, only time consuming part is drilling holes for the bolts. The strut tower fit with my stock C&C plates as well as my new steeda 4 bolt C&C plates.

NewGuy

And after the install was complete for you all, did you notice a difference in the handeling? Good, bad? Are any of you corner carvers with this mod?

UltimateSVT

Steer with the Rear
Established Member
I have one on my Cobra and I noticed the front end felt alittle tighter in the corners. You should think about a 4 point K-member brace, too. I installed one from Maximum Motorsports a few months back and there was a night and day difference after installing it..:thumbsup:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I definately noticed a difference with the strut brace. I noticed more of a difference with sub frame connectors, new sway bar and k member. But yeah since the strut towers typcially flex in and out (towards the engine/away from the engine) even the two point brace provides improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread