Steeda strut tower brace with a 2.2 KB

BenD

Established Member
Good Question

I have the bar on now and it only clears the Eaton by 1/8" -3/16". If the Kenney Bell is a whisker taller it won't fit. I'd like to know the answer to that question.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
same here, would like to know if it fits KB or whipple. i sort of doubt it though since im pretty sure both are taller but maybe someone got it to fit?

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
It fits. Onelfastlride has the strut tower brace and KB. But if I remember correctly, he didn't like how close it was to the KB, so he put some washers under the strut tower so it would sit a little higher.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
It fits. Onelfastlride has the strut tower brace and KB. But if I remember correctly, he didn't like how close it was to the KB, so he put some washers under the strut tower so it would sit a little higher.
Much obliged.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by JKD COBRA
Does he have an oil spray tank on top of his KB?

valdo's toy

Established Member
A friend of mine has one installed on his Cobra but it will not fit with the oil-catch-can, so he had to loose the catch can for it to fit. Hope it helps. In my opinion I'll prefer a three point strut bar over a two point bar, two point strut bars have little to no effect on stiffening the whole front strut area/chassis, just my 2 cents.

Onelfastlride

Established Member
JKD is right………….it’s a little close for comfort. I know with the Eaton it appeared close but exactly how close I don’t know for sure. It never touched the Eaton, with the KB it makes me a little nervous thus I’ve added a few washers to space it up away from the blower just a bit. It has not touched the KB so far but you can see where it is now touching the hood blanket slightly.

I’ve had the strut brace stripped of it’s black power coat and ceramic coated instead. I did this for two reasons, heat discipation (the kb gets hot and the bar gets much hotter then with the eaton), and looks (it matches the valve covers now almost exactly).

No………no catch can yet, I need one and this will be taken care of shortly. One option that’s now available is the new oil spray free snout from KB. And no the HBH oil spray kit will not fit with out modification.

:burnout:

*** I'd post pictures but they're not hosted. Email me if you'd like to see fitment pictures.

Last edited:

co3bra

Established Member
Does anyone know of a strut-tower brace that will clear the Whipple?

Thanks for posting this screwed. I was just about to start a thread on this subject.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
yeah curious about the whipple. and a two point brace not helping is untrue. typcial flex of the strut towers is in a inward (toward the motor) and outward (away from the motor) and much less flex towards the fire wall. so a two point strut tower brace does indeed help and the difference is noticable.

a 3 or 4 point is better as it adds even more rigidity but a 2 point significantly reduces the flex (strut towers have shown to move inward/outward as much as a 1/4 inch under load on the cobra).

so a 2 point is not useless, it does help.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Here are the pics...it is close!!!

DCP_1036.JPG

DCP_1033.JPG

Onelfastlride

Established Member
Measured…………..there is just over 1/8” clearance off the top of the blower.

Watching a video of my dyno tune, it appears the motor torque’s downward on the passenger side.

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Wow, that is close! I'm gonna give it a whirl anyway and see what happens and I won't be using the oil spray kit so no worries there. Thanks for the info and pics.

And thanks for that hint about powdercoating the bar.

Users who are viewing this thread