Steeda spring install on the Bosswith pics

cobra1718

Established Member
I have installed just the rear Steeda springs. I have asked before about ford racing springs but decided to go with the Steeda. Didn get much conversation going with this. In hope of helping others decide I am posting pics. The handling of the car is unchanged but the looks are much improved. The pics are just after the rear spring install

DSC_0347-1.jpg

DSC_0344-1.jpg

DSC_0342-1.jpg

DSC_0340-1.jpg

cobra1718

Established Member
Looks good! Are you installing the front springs? Did you install a panhard bar?
No at this point not doing either. The ride height is optimal and the rear seems to be close to centered. I dont know if these will settle any? I would assume not to much.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
Wow, that looks really awesome! Did you mention doing this in another thread? I know I read about someone wanting to do just the rear springs, and was questioning it in my mind, but I was wrong. I was going to have the Steeda springs waiting for when my '13 Boss comes in, so I'm glad the rear is at a more acceptable height.

Keep us updated for any settling.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Very nice. Which Steeda springs did you install? How much lower is it in the back? Did you measure the fender height before and after?

cobra1718

Established Member
Very nice. Which Steeda springs did you install? How much lower is it in the back? Did you measure the fender height before and after?
The boss springs. The stock height was almost 29. I am going to let it settle and measure again

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
looks good still not sure what springs I'm going to do when mine shows up. would almost like it lower? not sure though.

cobra1718

Established Member
looks good still not sure what springs I'm going to do when mine shows up. would almost like it lower? not sure though.

Yeah it would not hurt to drop it a little more. I am thinking about putting a 275/40 on the rear. That would decrease the fender gap by another .75 inch.

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
Looks good, thanks for posting as I have been thinking of doing these springs. Looks pretty level now. I am still on the fence and kind of want to slam my car! But dont want to deal with all the issues

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Looks good, thanks for posting as I have been thinking of doing these springs. Looks pretty level now. I am still on the fence and kind of want to slam my car! But dont want to deal with all the issues

These cars are not like the 03-04 Cobra. I have the prokit on my 12' GT and have not had a single issue.

OP, looks greats

cobra1718

Established Member
Wow, that looks really awesome! Did you mention doing this in another thread? I know I read about someone wanting to do just the rear springs, and was questioning it in my mind, but I was wrong. I was going to have the Steeda springs waiting for when my '13 Boss comes in, so I'm glad the rear is at a more acceptable height.

Keep us updated for any settling.
yeah I started another thread about ford racing springs. It has worked out well. As I stated the ride quality is unchanged. Now I am searching for a new set of wheels:D

Users who are viewing this thread