Steeda Sports on bumpstops?

HammeredSoul

Established Member
I recently installed some Steeda Sports with Koni Sports all the way around, on my 2014 GT FP8 with the 19" wheels. I got them from Lethal, and everything seemed correct. I am concerned that it may have been a little deeper drop than I was looking for. I now have about 1 finger gap in the rear, which looks great, but the axle is about an inch or less from the bumpstops. I have installed the FRPP bumpstop package, and the ride is firm yet comfortable, except for large uneven bumps on the highway which can cause quite a buck.

I've read other posts about how they haven't hit bumpstops on the steeda sports, and mine has clearly hit them many times (based on the scuffs present).
The springs were installed correctly, and there are no noises, clunks, or anything, and the car handles great. Anyone have input or can you reference where your Steeda Sports sit in relation to the bumpstops on your car?

FWIW, I've also got CHE LCA brackets, UMI Rotojoint/poly LCA's, Roush UCA, and MM CC Plates.

Last edited:

99.9%stock

cuz stock sucks!!!
Established Member
It's right you need to cut your bump stops or it will ride like shit hitting all the time

HammeredSoul

Established Member
I was under the impression that the FRPP kit was a softer material, that provide the protection offered by the bumpstops, while being more compliant as to not needing to be trimmed. Would cutting be the correct solution for OEM only, or the FRPP as well?

86merc

Established Member
I cut my FRPP bump stops with my Sport springs. It rode poorly over bumps before I cut the bump stops. The bump stops contacted the frame limiting the suspension travel and transmitting the shock through the body. After they were cut it rode fine.

HammeredSoul

Established Member
I cut my FRPP bump stops with my Sport springs. It rode poorly over bumps before I cut the bump stops. The bump stops contacted the frame limiting the suspension travel and transmitting the shock through the body. After they were cut it rode fine.

Where and how much did you cut them? I'm thinking about cutting off the top nipple.

86merc

Established Member
I cut the top two. You can cut one and see how it works for you. Then go from there.

Users who are viewing this thread