Steeda Shifter

snakebite283

Established Member
Today At School My Friend Was Telling Me About Steeda's T-56 Tri-Ax Shifter And I Was Just Seeing If Anyone Has One Or Has Any Information About It. I Was Reading On Steeda's Website And It Seems Like A Decent Shifter. Please Let Me Know!

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I'll sell you mine for $100 shipped, just bought a MGW that should be here this week. It is a great shifter and I'm perfectly happy with it, just wanting to try a new one out.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Everyone and their grandma will recommend the MGW shifter. I dumped my Pro 5.0 for it.

snakebite283

Established Member
Thanks For The Info,Yeah Brad Ill Look Into More Info,Ill Keep In Touch With You About Buying,Im Still Just Trying To Find The Best Shifter For The Cobra

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I have a Steeda with the MGW adjustable handle. I like it, however, its a bit notchy and needs to be a little stronger on the 2-3 tension/centering springs.

I too have bought a MGW unit, but have yet to install it. It has a lot more thought in it as far as smoothness and sound dampening.

The Steeda is all billet, so expect a noteable amount of feedback, even when using Cobrabob's gaskets and handle isolators.

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I also have a Steeda triax and I really like it! It is soooo much closer than a stock shifter. I bought it from a friend who ditched the steeda for an MGW. My friend stated that he liked the MGW a lot better? The steeda is a little noisy in third and sixth while highway driving. Other than that, I like it!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Once you go MGW, you don't look back. MGW is by far the best shifter on the market.

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shifter.shtml

RR03COBRA said:
I also have a Steeda triax and I really like it! It is soooo much closer than a stock shifter. I bought it from a friend who ditched the steeda for an MGW. My friend stated that he liked the MGW a lot better? The steeda is a little noisy in third and sixth while highway driving. Other than that, I like it!

tv's 03

Established Member
I have the MGW, but its just another shifter with a bit more adjustability to the handle, most of which is useless. I mean who would put their shifter in a 3 o'clock position anyway?.... I feel the testimonies here oversell it. Yea I love it, but I came from stock. If I already had a steeda of Pro 5.0, I think it would be a total waste of money to switch to MGW

My buddy uses the steeda, and he loves it, and we did not notice much difference between mine and his. Besides he has a spacer that bolted up to the steeda and moved the shifter handle to a much better location that the MGW could go. The shifter needs to be moved toward the driver and back imho. The MGW can only move the handle closer to the driver, at the cost of moving it forward and making it a greater reach. The MGW adjustability is only useful for about 45-90 degrees of the 360 degrees you can adjust it.

Again, I love my MGW, but I wanted to give you more of a objective opinion than, "MGW is the best". I would still like to find a way to move the shifter back 1-2 inches. MGW should think about making a spacer that fits on their shifter and moves the handle backward 1-2 inches, and provides additional adjustability imho.

The steeda is also a good product and all shifters are an improvement over stock

snakebite283

Established Member
Thank You Everybody For Yall's Input, This Morning I Ordered The Steeda Model, I Mean Ive Heard Things About MGW That Are Good, And Things About Steeda,But Most Of All I Just Wanted Something That Can Take The Job,lol,All Of Yall Helped Me, Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread