Steeda Q400 article

eddy z

Established Member
FYI--Anyone see the Steeda Q400 artice in 5.0 and MM&FF? Nice write ups. Sharp car, but can be super expensive. Next month, they will have more write ups on this car and compare it to our 03's. They said this car is pushing 400/425 hp at the wheel. I will still take my Cobra any day of the week.

i8u

Established Member
Yep I saw it. It is a nice car. It's cool that they are offering it with a centrufugal supercharger (true compressor) instead of a roots design ( positive displacement pump). I just wish it had the 4 valve heads. :beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

I want to see the dyno numbers. I don't think 5.0 magazine said anything about the Vortech on the base model, only the Novi 2000 on the Deluxe. I scanned both articles and I don't think they said anything about forged internals. No intercooler either. I wonder how reliable it will be. 425 rwhp is about 500 at the crank. 235 more crank HP over a stock GT motor :eek: .

sbc.cobra

HUWHAT!!!
Established Member
yea i read that article...sweet looking car. all kinds of bells and whistles on it, but i think the whole "kit" was about 20k...wasn't it? thanks, but for 20k extra on an 03 cobra, i would think you can get a lot more performance out of it.

Silver 03 Cobra

$45k for the Deeeeeeeluxe, $33K for the base Q400. What was the statement Motor Trend made in their article about the 03 Cobra? Something like "Pity the SS driver that pulls up beside an 03 Cobra taking it for a previous year Cobra".

"Pity the Q400 driver that pulls up beside a modded out 03 Cobra".

Users who are viewing this thread