Steeda or RPM outlet's cold air induction?

Which cold air system do you prefer?

• Steeda cold air kit

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • RPM outlet Motoblue

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • other

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here and wanted to get your opinions on which cold air induction you guys like better. I've been doing some checking around and it seems alot of people like the Steeda which I'm leaning to but wanted to get your opinions before I purchased. It seems the Motoblue is similar but what are you guys using? Would you buy it again if you had to do it over? Thanks.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have the UPR piece and wish I would have gone with the K&N FIPK, 30rwhp from a filter is pretty impressive in my book, but if it were between the two I would go with the Steeda based on quality and filter servicability.

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I would have gone with the K&N FIPK, 30rwhp from a filter is pretty impressive in my book, but if it were between the two I would go with the Steeda based on quality and filter servicability.

exactly what he said.

i have an FIPK coming in the mail, it that didn't exist, i'd go with steeda

2814v

Established Member
The steeda unit I have has held up good and look's good, It gave me a few more ponies and better sound. Would I buy it again? Hard to say, there are many new CAI out that were not when I bought my steeda. The new one from MAC look's like a winner and the FIPK makes awsome power, but dose not look so hot. What ever you get will be better then the stock box, but I would stay away from the fender well type.

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Originally posted by 03yllwguy
I have the UPR piece and wish I would have gone with the K&N FIPK, 30rwhp from a filter is pretty impressive in my book, but if it were between the two I would go with the Steeda based on quality and filter servicability.

Are you saying the K&N FIPK gave you 30 rwhp alone? Do you have a dyno graph that shows that? If this is fact than I would be crazy not to the get the K&N no matter how it looked. Very interesting....

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I've got the K&N AirCharger. I used to have a Pro-M conical filter in the engine compartment (un-shielded). The blower screamed, but it didn't do as well as the K&N.

SOLISIMO

Signal 12
Established Member
k&n fpik all the way, got rid of the plumbing pipe (aka denscharger) and went with the fpik which is still in the box, thats the way to go

RUgoinup?

We will NEVER forget!
Established Member
I asked four reputable Cobra tuners in the Tampa/Orlando area which CAI they preferred, and they all said they had the best luck on the dyno w/ the Steeda. I asked one or two of them about K&N's HP claims, and they said it was just that, "a claim."

Craig99SVT

Went to the Dark Side
Established Member
Anybody have any proven gains with the K&N unit? 30hp sounds like alot to be boasting about....

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
MM&FF had the 30 hp in the last issue, however I went with the Steeda, it just looks cool!

:beer:

launchnukes

Crazy SVT Person
Established Member
Originally posted by 00 Aggie
MM&FF had the 30 hp in the last issue, however I went with the Steeda, it just looks cool!

:beer:

that's why i bought the fipk. read the article one night, bought it the next morning.

ps. the steeda does look the best though imo

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
Kenne Bell CAI. Huge 12" fender mounted filter, lower priced that most.

redline

Established Member
i went with steeda too .i had that with a accufab t.b. and catback and was dyno 415.

04gambitcobra

Established Member
Well I am in the market to purchase the Steeda and I was wondering who had the best deal!!!

akaeric

Established Member
I have the one from Steeda I like the stainless look and simple to get to. It looks like one company is making with differant badges on it or someone forgot to patten it.

Users who are viewing this thread