Steeda oil separator

svtleen

Established Member
I just got a Steeda oil separator install yesterday and I can see a couple drops of oil already so it definately works. Today I decided to test it out further and drove my 03 Cobra a little harder and I notice that its started to chug and sputter a little at 3K RPM. I drove it slowly for about 6 more blocks and it still chug above 3K RPM. I then shut off the car and restart it and the chug went away. Does it have anything to do with my Steeda oil separator? Is it the residual oil stuck inbetween the tubes before it gets to the canister? Anyone with Steeda or other catch can experience this?:??:

svtleen

Established Member
I figure out my problem...since no one in here knew what I was talking about. The Steeda oil separator has a useless 5 micron filter to catch I 'dont know what' from the engine. I read on here that some of you remove this 'useless' filter and so I did it too. I decide to test it out again and drove my car hard by self racing on a secluded street. No chugging & studdering. I think it was the Steeda's filter that was clogging up all the crankcase oil when I drove it hard and needed some time for the oil to drip down so it made my Cobra feel a little weird.

I ADVISE YOU TO REMOVE THE FILTER IF YOU HAVE JUST INSTALL YOUR STEEDA CATCH CAN!

Users who are viewing this thread